Never worn a thong before but I want to

Hi I'm sixteen and I've never worn a thong because I've heard they're like a wedgie all day and it can be annoying but I want to try them out and have a few questions first:

1. Does the string in the back go fully up your butt crack so you have a wedgie all day?

2. About how long does it take to get used to it

3. Is it easier to wear a thong or a g string when you just start

4. Are there certain materials I should look for when I just start out wearing them.

Thanks for answering.

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Yes it fully goes up your butt crack if you buy a thong. But to me it's less annoying than having boyshorts or cheekies ride up because there's less material.

2. I got used to it fairly quickly. I barely notice I'm wearing one with jeans and such. Although I prefer not to wear them when I'm lounging around in sweatpants.

3. I would say start with a thong first but in the end it's about the same.

4. Avoid anything with glittery/rough material on the string. It will irritate. And also, watch out for anything like metal links connecting the thong in the back. They look cute but feel awkward. Especially if you're not used to them.

• Also, would you notice it more when you are walking around or bending over when you first start wearing them?

• Haha I meant would you notice the string in your butt more

• Lol bending over maybe? Honestly I started wearing them when I was 13 so I can't remember little details like that.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 17

• I love wearing thongs, I think they're way more comfortable. It doesn't feel like a wedgie, I really don't even notice a diference. It only took like a day to get used to and neither is easier than the other. Um... the only fabric I'd say to stay away from is lace. Just try it out!

Good luck.

• The string does end up in your butt crack, but you can always go fix it! But after a while, you get used to it so it won't bother you anymore. As for g-string versus thong, I preger g-strings, but they get wound up much easier when you're pulling them down/up than thongs, and they don't stay in place as easily. The material just depends on what is more comfortable for you, as does the width of the band in the back.

• Hmm...

1. The string is supposed to rest gently between your butt cheeks, but it's not supposed to be cutting into you and rubbing up against your rectum (sorry about the crude language >_<)

2. I can't answer that question because I'm still not used to them.

3. Thong is better than g-string

4. Cotton is always the best material for any type of underwear

I hate thongs by the way, I only own 3 and I only have those because they were given to me as gifts. Seamless panties are more comfortable and work just as well.

• 1. Yes, but you get used to it.

2. It depends on how comfortable it is.

3. Whatever you feel more comfortable with, I like both.

4. Nope, just make sure that you don't wear them every day because they tend to spread bacteria easier than regular underwear.

• 1. Does the string in the back go fully up your butt crack so you have a wedgie all day?

the string does go up your crack however it was ergonomically designed to do so so you can't even feel it

2. About how long does it take to get used to it? it took me a few days of continuous wear, it was never that bad though

3. Is it easier to wear a thong or a g string when you just start? probally a gstring at the begeining, the back is thinner and would probally be easier to start with. I prefer thongs though because when I wear a gstring it sometimes rubs and gives me a sore spot. With thongs I don't have that problem

4. Are there certain materials I should look for when I just start out wearing them. soft materials, cotton, cotton/spandex, microfiber are good choices. avoid lace as it can be itchy. one other pointer is to not go for the skimpiest thing you find. Get something with a little coverage ;) and that fits and you will be hooked

• 1. Does the string in the back go fully up your butt crack so you have a wedgie all day? Are you talking about a G-string? If so, then yes! Thongs don’t but they do feel like more of a wedgie.

2. About how long does it take to get used to it? It really depends on the girl! Honestly I love them and where them pretty much everyday, regardless if I’m in a mini skirt! LOL. It doesn’t even feel like anything is there. I would say if you wore one everyday for two weeks, you would probably get used to it.

3. Is it easier to wear a thong or a g string when you just start? I think G string…. They are thinner.

4. Are there certain materials I should look for when I just start out wearing them? Doesn’t matter unless you are allergic to a type of material.

• imo it is super comfy.

IF YOU GET THE RIGHT MATERIAL.

(don't go to walmart or something for your virst thong )

and I tend to find g strings more uncomfortable than thongs.

go to some store like la senza or la vie en rose.

:)

good luck sweetie!

• 1. Yeah, but you get used to it

2. Depends on what kind you buy. I really like the lace ones that Aerie carries

3. I've never worn a g-string, but I like my thongs =)

4. COTTON. You gotta let yourself breathe or else you're just setting yourself up for an infection. Don't get any cheap sh*t made out of polyester. The Aerie lace ones aren't that cheap rough lace kind, but some combination of cotton and stretchy material.

• The string goes up in your butt. But it is made to not feel like a wedgie, it just takes a little getting used too. It only took me a few days to get used too them. I has always found thongs more comfy than gsttings, the thin string can kinds cut into places... I like coton or cotton spandex blends. It's soft and breathable

• lol... I always wear thongs... and I like them so much better than any other kind of underwear
    I don't feel like I have a wedgie... and it didn't take me too long to get used to them but I started wearing them in like 8th grade... I think starting with either at first would be fine... and I have never really had any material that was better than others... I mean obv like satin ones are nicer... but I seriously never notice them so it doent make a difference for me

• k one . two types of those panties . thongs, which generally goes on top of the crack so to speak and a g-string, which is where your hearing about the all day wedgies, which really aren't that bad because they are so small. you get use to them pretty quickly. I would say stick with thongs and g strings are for special occasions, and wouldn't recommended leather. lol.

• I agree with what the last girl said. I can't even tell I'm wearing one and it doesn't take long to get use to its only a little weird at first

• You get used to it really fast and it doesn't feel like a wedgie because there is so little material.

• when you buy the right material, there really isn't a wedgie and it feels really comfortable.

i find that the lace thongs tend to be more comfortable, because the lace is soft and stretchy

• i loveee wearing thongs..
    1. its supposed to rest on the butt, like slighty go in, but not like an unbearable pain
    2. I was used to my thong kinda forever.. I never had a problem with it, maybe you will, maybe you wont

• Don't get one from walmart. They might be better now, but when I was buying mine from there, they came halfway up my back. A regular thong is good to start out with. It might feel a little weird at first, but you'll get used to it after a couple weeks maybe. You feel like you have a wedgie at first, but you eventually forget you even have one on. I've been wearing them for about 6 or 7 years now, and I love 'em. The string goes up there,by the way. That's how I wear 'em anyways. When you wash them, Make sure you wash them by themselves in hot water with plenty of detergent. You could get an infection if they don't get washed properly.

• So you had trouble with the Wal-Mart ones showing all the time?

• I rolled them down,so they didn't show much. I only actually wore that particular one like two times anyways. I buy mine from victoria's secret now, and I still have trouble with them showing every now and then, but that's my fault for wearing my pants so low.

• it does most of the day. you get used to it in about a week or so. g string. and cotton.