What do you look like to others?

I don't know about you guys, but I look different when I'm looking in a mirror and when I'm taking a pic. So, for fun, I took a pic of myself right now, in my room with my phone and I'm looking at myself in the mirror and completely different images. Which is more accurate?

I know this is probably a really strange question. But I can't be the only one right? Which is more accurate? Which is how other people see you?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's weird isn't it, sometimes I'll look in the mirror and I'll think I look fine and then when someone takes a picture I start to think 'oh god I look nasty' lol, I think the camera can sometimes exacerbate unsightly features that we have. I really cannot gauge which option is a more feasable or accurate way of how others percieve us, I hope somebody else can shed some light on the situation, because I'd like to know too, good question! :)

What Guys Said 3

• I can think of a couple reason why mirrors look better than cameras. For one, the lighting you get from a mirror is usually coming from above you and so it's brings out less noticeable features in your face because of the contours and shadowing. Camera flashes take all the shadowing and contours away because it hits you right in the face. Mirror's also are 3d images on a 2d surface. Pictures are 2d on a 2d. It's been clinically proven that the more symmetrical your face appears, the more attractive it is. That third dimension, depth, helps to alleviate facial flaws like asymmetric features: eyes are slightly different sizes, your mouth might be slightly crooked from smiling a certain way, your ears are disproportional.

A trick most people naturally pick up is to angle your head to show off your "good side" when taking a picture. This gives your face more depth and can be helpful in hiding unsightly blemishes or other naturally occurring flaws. Think of the profile pictures on facebook or myspace. A camera shot takin from above you looking down will have a slimming appearance whereas a shot taken from below looking up at you will make your face and neck look wider.

• probably mirror, cause camera is digital and sh*t

• I agree. I think it's because one's still.

What Girls Said 1

• a mirror is better although the mirror shows you backwards I think? but still better then a camera that can kinda distort your image. I'm not photogenic when others take pics of me!