Do clothes and makeup matter to guys?

You always see these girls running around with pounds of makeup on their faces and 100 dollar jeans... I'm just curious if it makes a difference to guys... Who would you pay more attention to, a girl with makeup, or without. Same with clothes... Do brand names even matter to you? Because I'm a girl that shops at jcpenny and most of the time girls will ask if I ever want to get a boyfriend because I won't if I keep acting like I don't care about my appearance... I barely ever wear makeup, and I wear sweats 1 or 2 times a week.

well, its not like I don't care about my appearance, but I would rather be comfortable, than try to impress people who won't remember me a year from now... I'm more sporty, so I'm always wearing jogging pants, or warm-ups, etc... other days ill wear the clothes I have, which ill admit, most are hand me downs... but they fit my body really well, I'm only 5'4" and 107 pounds so its hard to find clothes that fit both my body and my personality

Most Helpful Guy

• To be frank with you...makeup & clothing does matter.

However, the value (as in how much these things cost) DOESNT matter. The only thing that matters is how you look.

You can wear Avon makeup, or you can wear professional-caliber makeup that cost $100's...guys won't notice that much of a difference. Girls will...but in regards to this ?, that isn't what you're focused on. I only :)

Brand names on clothing really doesn't make a difference if the clothes fit the same as non-brand-name clothes. If you look good, you look good. :)

Guys are visual...but not for brand names.

What Guys Said 6

• Some girls have natural beauty. For the most part, those girls can just wear some mascara and lipstick and look great. Brand names don't really matter. Attractive women can wear sweats and still look hot. I look at girl's face and then her body shape and maybe notice what she's wearing.

• It matters how they do it, not if. If a girl with makeup and "stylish" clothes looks better than a girl with no makeup and "non-stylish clothes, then of course I'll pay more attention to the first girl. However, if I was dating a girl, I wouldn't care if she wore makeup or not, and wouldn't care if she wore "stylish" clothes or not. I would be dating her for her personality mostly.

Basically, do whatever looks best on you while still being at least relatively comfortable.

As far as brand names go, I don't think I could possibly care less. Jeans are jeans, shirts are shirts.

• I don't care what brand you weak or if you wear sweatpants or if you wear makeup. But it does usually make a difference to a majority of the people out there both socially and professionally. When your trying to attract someone its all about physical presentation and clothes say a lot about how you care for yourself no one really want to be with someone who doesn't care at all about themselves. As long the outfit is put together then whatevs. Actually whatever you could be wearing sweatpants with a white t shirt with yellow pitt stains...if I thought you were cute before I wouldn't even care

• who would I pay more attention to a girl with or without makeup? it depends...some girls can look really good with barely any makeup or even none...brand names? naw don't really care as long as she looks good and even clothes in general...i mean I think it's cool if a girl dresses "different" but a lot of stuff I think can look good on girls...there's more important stuff I pay attention to though...does that help?

• Lol brand names. I've never really cared for that.

• It never mattered to me.

What Girls Said 3

• i don't believe brand names matter its about how you look generally. me personally, I care about how I look fashion and brands doesn't matter. a guy should be able to like you for you and who you are, and not how you think you should be, I myself am not into fashion but I have my own style and I look good in anything from seat pants to boxers to even hand downs from my sister. I make anything look good.

• The specifics of clothing and makeup do not matter to guys, HOWEVER, appearance does. Looks attract initially, and most people want partners who take some sense of pride in their appearance and take care of themselves.

Fact is, not all girls look good without makeup, which a lot of girls think they do but they don't, just as not all girls look good with makeup and many of them do. Names brands may not matter, but appearance does, so bringing up the fact that they wear expensive clothing is irrelevant, they shouldn't be condemned for having money. They aren't impressing anyone but themselves, which is fine, there's nothing wrong with looking good for you, but again, appearance matters.

• No but there's nothing wrong with them wanting to take care of themselves for them.