Girls- why do you buy see through underwear if you don't have a bf?

like these link

i understand if you are sexual active with a guy it is a nice treat for him...but why buy them if you are single? do they make you feel good?

Most Helpful Girl

• Why not? You don't have to be showing them off to like pretty underthings. Having pretty/sexy underthings doesn't mean a girl likes showing them off either. And it's not like a girl just throws away her sexy underwear when she stops seeing someone, and switches to wearing strictly cotton briefs, lol. Some girls just like having nice underwear. I know I do.

Most of my underwear/bras are similar to the link you posted [which isn't actually see-through, by the way, if you look at the other images in the set with the same pattern, they're black on white with some lace]. I like pretty, girly, sexy underwear. I like lace and satin and mesh, ribbons and bows and florals, bikini and cheekies and thongs and boy-cut. I'm wearing cotton boy-cut undies right now, but they're edged with lace, and have a bow in the front at the top. They're comfortable, but still feminine. It's kind of a confidence booster. I don't pick out my underwear thinking, 'what will turn guys on the most?', I buy the kinds I like, and a lot of them happen to be sexier. I wear all of my same underthings [and buy the kinds I like] regardless of my relationship status or whether I'm hooking up with anyone, regardless of how sexy or conservative or jeans and t-shirt my outfit is, because I like the way they look/feel. It makes me feel a bit more confident because I feel like I look good under my clothes, even if no one else knows or gets to see that. What they DO get to see is my elevated level of confidence, which is always more attractive.

What Girls Said 10

• We don't just buy underwear for you guys, we buy sexy underwear because it makes us feel pretty, and sexy and by effect confident. Seriously, the way our day can go can be determined by something as simple as how we feel in our clothes and thus how we feel in our own skin.

• It makes us feel good because we look good.

• I buy all my underwear from Victoria's Secret, regardless of my relationship status. I like nice underwear.

• Those are adorable! I am wearing a pair similar to them now and I wear them even when I know I am not going to see my boyfriend. I wear them because they are cute and make me feel sexy.

• My undies don't change with my relationship status. I wear what I like and feel comfy and sexy weRimg.

• I have never been sexually active and won't probably until marriage but its still nice to have cute bras so I can show them off to my best friend :p

• Those are sexy. I don't buy clothes for a boyfriend, but what makes me feel comfortable.

• Because they look good, bras and panties are like accessories

• they look good. I don't actually buy clothes for a boyfriend lol

• I've never worn underwear like that, looks uncomfortable.

• because it's so strappy, and lace isn't very soft. I prefur to wear cotton

What Guys Said 1

• Hello Girls, Excellent answers. I too have a similar question and your previous answers may still hold up, but I wanted to see if there was anything more. I myself don't find see through panties and bra's attractive. I see a girls bra and panties and think about what is under them, but with see through the mystery is already gone. Do you girls think they are sexy and wear them because of it or perhaps you think a guy might like it? Obviously as stated you don't buy them just for showing a guy, but many of you can't say that you have never bought any lingerie with the thought of how a boyfriend might like it either. Thanks for any replies.