I dress differently, what should I do?

I'm a 16 year old guy. I like wearing vintage/indie/preppy clothes, just basically my own look. But, I go to a private all-boys school, and have always dressed like everyone else. However, I want to stop now and dress how I want to, but I'm sure people will call me gay and my friends won't understand (I'm not gay by the way, well actually I'm not sure yet). I have tried it a couple times before, and people did comment that it was a bit different. What should I do, should I not care, like I want to, or should I stay dressing mainstream, to keep my friends accepting me?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just do it. I reallly like the look you described, actually, so maybe I'm a bit biased. I'm sure your friends won't really care that much - it might come as a surprise at first, but eventually they'll get used to it. If they aren't huge douchebags, that is. And if they are, then you might as well get rid of them. So yeah, do it, be one well-dressed guy in a sea of generic-ness. ;D

What Girls Said 3

• Do your own thing. It will make you stand out among all the clones. If your friends are real friends they will accept you. And you'll feel better wearing what you want instead of dressing up to please others. :)

• If your friends don't accept you, they aren't friends. Wear what you want, they will get used to it.

• Just be yourself. :) And if people don't like that, so what?! :D They should accept it, or just leave it.

What Guys Said 3

• Who the f*** cares what they think just be true to yourself and not to what others think you should be

• Dress mainstream. Save yourself the drama.

• If people give you sh*t, ask "whats gayer: the way I dress or the fact you care?"