What would be my most flattering hair color?

Currently I have dark brown hair, with very black ends. I love my hair black because it makes my eye color pop really well. Only problem is I've always wanted to be a blond. ( I've tried on my own but it goes orange.) I tried it once with platinum highlights, but its very hard on my hair and I would love to grow it out. My boyfriend loves my natural hair color ( medium ash brown) and loves dirty blondes. Should I try and fade my hair color to my natural?

And I ve gotten a few highlights before, I m sick of changing my hair colour so darastically I would love to find that one style that looks good. And keep it. I would love to have that's not dull. and is wow.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hair dye can be a black hole. Highlights, lowlights, darken it, lighten it, damage it, more low lights, more highlights, more damaged, cut it, bored with it, dye it some more, and it just ends up a frizzy mess.

If you want your hair to look good, it can't be super unhealthy. The more you change the color and the more drastic you go, the more damaged it gets. So I would suggest just stop dying it and growing it out. Maybe have a professional put in a few highlights if you really must. But try to keep it minimal.

What Guys Said 1

• I know that girls NEVER believe me on this, but your hair color doesn't matter in the least (as long as it's not gray). Just make sure your hair is long, healthy, and clean.

• Just for once I would like my boyfriend to look at me like WOW and feel wow at the same time

• Well then find something that would WOW him. Your hair color won't. Look somewhere else.

What Girls Said 5

• go natural, you won't have to think about "roots", about covering it in a swimming pool (chlorine) and it'll be in better condition. I'm naturally dark and tried to go much lighter when I was younger, it ruined my hair, didn't suit my colouring and couldn't go swimming til it had faded.

i would always say people go natural or darker if they're not "natural" blond (if this even exists!) as it looks so tacky and fake and make shair look bitty like straw.

• Ya, I have a feeling I m either wanting to highlight my natural colour or keep up the black...because I ve done my whole head before and my hair fades fast but not with the black..

• what about lowlights it'd add a dimension to your natural hair colour but you'd need to maintain it if not as much then slightly less often.

happy hair colouring ;0)

• My natural hair colour is already very bland and I can tell it needs a POP ...

• Stop dying, Go Natural. I mean its really the best option for your hair, your risking making it dry and damaged. I use to do the same when I was younger, I dyed my hair quit a few times just for a change. Its been years since I dyed it now, and its back to my natural strawberry-blonde. I get far more compliments on it now then when I use to dye it.

• i have dark brown hair too, iv always wanted to dye it like a lighter brown but I'm scared to fry it half to death. I dyed my hair black a couple times and it looked great.. but fried. I just stick to my natural color now I personally think a persons natural hair color looks the best on them.

• Do ashy brown with dirty blond and caramel highlights

• Stick to something close to your natural color. That way you don't have to worry about your roots showing to much. I think they say around 2 shades lighter or darker. I think 99% of people look better with darker hair just got mine a dark chocolate color :). When my hair was blond and I wanted to go back to my natural color my stylist said it would be cheapest to do a toner. I don't know anything about hair but maybe you should check into that.