Why does guys underwear cost so much more than girls?

I find this curious, not only do girls have tons more styles and colors to choose from and more comfortable fabrics for underwear but yours is also crazy cheap. I spent 50 bucks on freaking underwear today, black jockey brief shorts.

I've been in VIctoria's Secret and Aerie with my girlfriend and there are bins of underwear for like 1.99 for one and all kinds of deals.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've spend a lot more then 50$ on one bra. This ish is expensive though I know what you mean, I go broke just walking into Victoria secret/ La senza. if you don't like the price don't be so picky about brands.

What Girls Said 9

• My underwear costs $8 a pair. My boyfriend gets 5 pairs of boxer briefs for $3. I think you're mixed up, sir.

• Maybe you're being picky? Go buy 'em at a grocery store or something. I've noticed guys really don't have as many options as girls do.

• Yeah I buy one for sports, that's probably why they cost more, but you're right we barely have any options.

• I have never seen panties at Victoria's Secret for $1.99. When they are on sale, they are still 5 for $25 at best.

• You need to sign up for their emails ! lol I signed up with Pink, and they've sent me coupons that say 7 [ and at one point, 10 ] for $25.

• I get the emails, but I am not signed up for the card or whatever they always try to give me when I go to the store...do I have to have that? I admit I don't read the emails carefully.

• cause guys buy less underwear,so the male-underwear-making-people need higher prices to get the same amout of money that female-underwear-making-people do

• Guys buy less underwear. This right here is a reason to increase the price.

Also, most female undies are pretty small, less material

Is used so there is less production cost.

• I've spent 156 dollars on a bra. Underwears can vary a lot in price, it just depends on how much you are willing to pay for it.

• the more fabric that's used to make them the more its going to cost

• Gotta disgree. Have you seen what they charge for G strings? Yeah, those should be a few cents for how much fabric is there.

• I don't know what you are talking about, but I think women's underwear is expensive. To buy a 5 pack at Wal-mart it gost $6 or more dollars. I'd like to be able to buy a pack of underwear for $3 bucks, that seems like a much more reasonable price. Also, $1.99 for one pair is terrible because you would need to 5 or more pairs. That means, you will be spending at the least, $10.

• 50? are you sure? maybe you bought more than one pair?

• Yeah I did, I bought 6 pairs

• well that's why. that's not expensive. that's normal. when it's not on sell, panties at VS can cost over $10

• Well, I just mean we never get bins of thongs for 1.99. They don't put my sports perfomance briefs in a bin for cheap. We have to buy everything full price all the time.

What Guys Said 3

• This is why make my own underwear out of rags and sausage casings.

• I agree that guys underwear is pricey, but girls is MUCH worse, especially when it comes to bras (which, I might add, have to be replaced pretty regularly if they're to function properly - little known fact even to many women.)

The thing is, for both men and women, you can get them MUCH cheaper, if you're willing to sacrifice comfort, durability and quality of function (support)

Also, Jockey's overpriced. Used to be a customer until I realized I could get better for less (personally a Champion guy now)

• Omg I never realized that...