Does it not matter to a guy if a girl tries hard to look good?

a lot of guys seem to not like make up on a girl. is this the majority who think this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well if the end result is you looking good then by all means! But if the end result is you looking like a bronze snooki monster than no!

What Guys Said 6

• It's just the guys that like the natural beauty instead of make-up and tanning. Girls don't really understand what looks good to guys. It's mainly to impress other girls, in my opinion. Most guys I know strongly disapprove of the whole 'Glam' girl scene and prefer natual, make-up less girls. Assuming they can swing it. Some girls can work it.

~Distant

• You might want to make this question into a poll.

When I see a heavily-made-up girl, I wonder about her self-esteem.

And no makeup is definitely better to make out with... :-)

• there is a time a place for looking like the girl next door and going into Cinderella mode. if we are going to the mall or on a walk, I will feel odd with my hiking boots and blue jeans if you are all dolled up. but if I'm taking you to a ball, no sh*t we have them down here, you coming down with a elegant shimmering dress and some well done make up will leave any guy I know speechless in awe.

• No, I like make up on a girl, but minimal. Not too much. If she has plain jane beauty, I prefer no make up at all. Cherry Chap stick and some eye liner suffices.

• i prefer a more natural look I don't get turned on by clowns

• naw not the majority and anyway I think it's just that when girls wear a ton of it a lot of us don't like it...i don't mind when girls wear it just not a ton of it...at the same time if a girl can look good without make up or whatever natural make up I keep hearin girls talk about, cool I like that too

What Girls Said 2

• no it's not. they think that's what they want. but they have no idea what they're talking about

• there's a different between not wearing make up/looking natural and then wearing make up. Sometimes guys won't even realize when a girl has on some make up if it looks natural enough it will enhance her beauty or features she wants to play up and that's how make up should be worn. sometimes the makeup can wear a girl and guys don't like that it looks fake and over done like you're trying too hard.

here's hayden p. with "no" make up vs alot... actually she IS wearing some make up it's just very natural(some on her eyes/gloss on her lips and alittle bit of blush for color) vs heavy make up and being all done up: link