Manly men don't care about fashion. Why are girls attracted to feminine men who dress fashionably?

are they lesbians? why aren't they attracted to real men (the ones who aren't afraid to get dirty/the ones who don't spend a lot of time in front of the mirror to check if they look pretty). is it really that great to go shopping with your feminine boyfriend? so many guys are feminized nowadays. just look at the "male" rnb celebrities. their high voices and the way they dress actually make me want to rape them (cause they seem to be so weak and feminine). I just don't get why so many girls are into metrosexual, fashion/shopping addicted feminine men? explain it to me...

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey, go easy on the lesbians! I'm a lesbian myself.

What Girls Said 16

• You know who I'm attracted to? Guys who don't give a sh*t about being a "real man" and just do what they want. God, I'm just f***ing sick of this REAL man!1! bullsh*t. How about being confident with your own masculinity, bro? I mean, YOU'RE the one that said you want to rape them. Talk about f***ed up.

You remind me of those guys from the Tough Tavern, in Spongebob, y'know? You just...seem like someone with so much pent-up rage.

• Manly man care about their health, cleanliness and looks. No matter what you say, you can't tell me you don't care about how you look. Everyone cares about that!

I like a guy to be dressed dependent upon his personality. Examples:

link

link

link

link

link

Certain style holds certain implications. Style should mirror the personality and interests of the man/woman --- hence it should be easier to determine who you'd be more compatible with.

People who dress one way and actually are completely different (dress that way because they want to seem like they've got a particular personality or preferences/interests) from said way of dressing are called posers.

• i am not a woman, I don't care about fashion. in fact, I often go to uni in sweatpants. I care how I look when it comes to my body (go to the gym on a reg). I am tall and athletic which is far more important in my opinion. guys should be able to protect their girls/should be able to beat the sh*t out of guys when they need to. guys shouldn't try to compete with girls/feminine guys when it comes to fashion. it's a girl's job to look pretty, it's a guy's job to be manly. opposites attract.

• so if you see a guy who wears sweatpants in public, you assume he's lazy and unhygienic? would you think he's a retard for wearing it? lol be honest, I'm not sensitive!

• Haha

Nooooo...not a retard. That's just silly. I'd see him as a bit of a slob...who has stop trying to look decent...I guess.

• I don't find "manly men" attractive. I find them rude, gruff, and a huge turn off. To me, this is the epitome of a hot man: link link I would do pretty much anything to date a guy who looks like that.

• P!ATD is amazing haha. the new album is like my heroin right now it is on repeat forever

• Girls are attracted to guys who can look after themselves. These guys are clean and well-groomed. You are not a metrosexual if you have good fashion and generally clean and neat.

• good fashion means they think like a woman. there is a reason why most fashion designers are gay. manly men simply aren't interested in fashion. manly men know how to present themselves, but they don't care too much what they look like. unfortunately many girls love it when guys look pretty instead of clean and neat.

• a girl who wears sweatpants and a hoodie is manly/doesn't care too much about fashion. guys don't like manly girls, but girls like feminine fashion guys. you'd be pissed if guys were attracted to those manly girls. I am pissed because you are attracted to feminine guys. look, girls are supposed to look pretty, guys aren't. that's the difference. btw... if a guy wears sweatpants and a hoodie, what do you think of him?

• dont think anything of him, I remain neutral. I guess what's happening is that girls like guys who are clean. Clothees usually say a lot about how clean a person is. This is prob why they go for fashionable guys.

• Honestly I have not understood this trend, its one thing if a guy knows these things or at least is aware of them. It could he had many sisters or females in his family or even many girlfriends. My theory is that because women are attracted to things more emotionally and tend to notice fine details a lot more than men. Ex: A girl will freak about something as minor like her eyeliner being a bit off. Women also are more into going out together and sharing things like feelings, maybe a feminine guy seems easily to relate for women?
    I may be rare because while my friends would find a guy who loved shopping and talking about feelings, personally I would not mind that once in a while but I want someone who likes adventure and "guy" things because it contrasts myself and my girly side.

• All I could do was laugh at this question. I don't know any girls who are like that. The only guy friend I have that does act feminine is homosexual. Now, I like him because he's funny and nice and we have fun together. But not all homosexual men are like him and not all women who like "metrosexuals" are lesbians or even dating them.

Your question is filled with so much hatred and sarcasm that it makes me wonder if you were turned down or dumped by someone who was into men like that.

• Typical, I'm always the odd woman out. I want someone clean, fresh and masculine. I despise the 'metro' look. I do NOT understand how women find men who wear ladies jeans, take 45 minutes to do their Beiber/Porcupine hair and wax their whole bodies. Jeans, a t-shirt and some height any day.. I don't think a man is being sexist by appreciating masculinity or a woman's femininity. Sigh. Give me a manly guy, any day.

• Its easy to respect a guy who respects himself.

• its not like that, we like guys who like the same kind of fashion we like an it reflects there personality

• You know why, because we can take them shopping, AND they enjoy it. (:

• don't you feel like you're dating a girl? I mean... if they care so much about fashion, that's so feminine. how can you be attracted to them? aren't you afraid a real man will beat your pretty boyfriend up?

• Well, I'm dating a manly man.. who hates shopping.

I kind of thought you were talking about homosexual men, I briefly read it.

another note: Who are you to say a feminine man, isn't "A real man".. I know a number of gay guys that could whoop a "real" man's ass. (:

• lol OK, sorry for insulting your gay guy friends ;)

• pretty boys turn me off I like rugged guys

• the right clothes on a man is SEXY as hell...

• Because the so-called manly men who don't care about their appearance tend to look bummy, sloppy and less appealing than the guys you call feminine. we are attracted to well groomed good looking men. Why? Because they are physically attractive as well as clean and hygienic!

Also that sentence about what you want to do to male r&b celebrities is very disturbing. girls can probably tell you're creepy/insane with homosexual tendencies and that's another reason women aren't attracted.

• They are not attracted to them, they just relate better to them because feminem or gay guys are almost like women, but they have a p*nis between their legs. I love masculine guys & would only date them, but I also love being "friends" with feminem guys. But trust me when I say, I'm not attracted to them, even though I might tell them how beautiful or pretty they are. When I say they are beautiful or pretty, I mean it in the same way I tell a girl friend she is pretty. I'm not a lesbian, so when I notice a girl is pretty, it has nothing to do with sexual attraction.

• i want some one who is presentable and clean

• i don't see why women should be treated like barbie dolls, but men should just be a mess. if I'm taking care of myself I expect a guy to do the same. "manly" and "feminine" are just terms people throw around. they really mean nothing to me. I like good looking men who are well groomed, can dress well, and generally have it going on. some girls are the opposite though.

so would you want a girl that didn't shave, never wore any makeup, barely dressed up, and was just all around a natural beauty kind of girl?

and if you want to rape guys I think you should be calling your own sexuality into question. I'm not straight, and I'm very open to accepting peoples sexualities and I find very often that overtly macho guys are the ones suppressing homosexual urges. its hilarious. just come out of the closet baby. it'll be alright. :)

What Guys Said 10

• It's a control thing. Little girls play with dolls, and big girls transition from dressing up a doll to controlling their boyfriend's appearance.

• I agree with the fact that a lot of celebrities that are considered attractive today are quite feminine. Such as Justin beiber or the Jonas brothers. I do not understand what a woman would find attractive about a scrawny little boy, even if you admire his musical talent. (not that I consider them talented what so ever)

On another note I am a man and dress as one. Having sophistication to ones self does not make him unmanly. I take pride in the way that I carry myself. Therefore I do not walk around with ripped stained t-shirts or cloths I find to look stingy or tacky. Most women are attracted to a man that looks presentable, not feminine.

• I agree. Girls are attracted to men who can present themselves well.

• you're wrong!

• Metrosexual men are not afraid to get dirty. They just know that being seen dirty in many locations can be quite off putting, and thus make use of showers. They also tend to be in pretty good shape. Also if a girl goes shopping with these guys it's a lot less likely they have to deal with complaining and on occasion actually get honest answers. Short answer to why girls are attracted to them: There doing it right.

• Dressing well shows you have money, and you have a sense of fashion which shows you have class. Women like both those traits, there is your answer.

• just because you dress well, it doesn't mean you are wealthy. I know a lot of poor guys who dress well because they don't want people to think they are poor. on the other hand... successful people like bill gates/steve jobs don't look like they're rich. they don't feel the need to prove how "cool" they are. I agree, it shows you have class, but it also shows you aren't very manly. guys who care too much what they look like are feminine.

• Ye girls are good at spotting fakers. Well if you can afford $300 dollar leather shoes and brand shirts then that means you are somewhat successful and can provide for her, take her out to nice places, it is not necessarily about being ultra rich like bill gates but being able to provide a good life. Like if you spend that kind of money on your self you are more likely to spend it on her as well (shows you are not a cheap guy).

• Because women care about fashion. Many men, manly men, who are players and know the game dress up because they know women care, they don't dress up because they care themselves; you'll never get your d*** wet at this rate.

• some girls mix taking care of your hygiene and taking care of your appearance in the same category.

so for example : wearing white socks gets the same reaction as not washing your hands once (mortal sin);
    wearing a shirt from years ago gets the same reaction as wearing the same shirt for a week ,
    and not shaving makes them think you don't wash your face.

metro-men seem to combine hygiene and fashion.

• LMAO... Do you really think that pretty girls would wanna go out with your so-called 'real men' or 'manly men' who, according to you, don't care about hygiene and are always poorly dressed?

• LOL, MAKE ME WANNA RAPE THEM

• Oh yeah, if you want, I'm a girlyboy and I dress straight out of Vogue - actually, seriously, womens clothing - and girls f***ing dig me, in my town. You can ask me anything. =]

• "make me want to rape them (cause they seem to be so weak and feminine)."

Yeah, because being weak and feminine is totally a reason for someone to be raped.