Should I be concerned that a guy asked me to wear something specific on a date?

Going out on my third date with someone. This is the second week he has asked if I could wear something specific.i.e little black dress last week, sexy shirt this week.

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah, that's probably not something I would appreciate from a guy I was dating - it's pretty superficial and lame. unless, of course, he is taking you on a dinner cruise that has a certain dresscode. for some reason I don't see this as the case b/v of the "sexy shirt" request.did you end up going to a salsa dancing club? if not, I would wear the exact opposite of what he says.like maybe a turtleneck and corduroys.if you don't get a call the next week then I think we have an a-hole on our hands.still, be careful with this one

What Guys Said 2

• Where were you going?

Was there any reason for which the environment would call for a specific wardrobe?

• I personally would never ask a girl to wear stuff to a date,

but I have heard from guys that girls find it attractive when guys tell them what to wear >< hahaha

If you don't like following orders, just tell him you wanted to wear X dress instead and see what he says.

What Girls Said 2

• I think it's a red flag too. Unless you guys were going somewhere specific, I think it's a suspicious sign of power and control (abusive behavior)

Maybe HE should wear something specific too, ha ha. Does he dress nice? Or does he only care about how YOU look?

I know it's hard to date in our age range but girl, we don't need to settle for the sake of not being lonely :-(

Please take care :-)

• maybe a red flag unless there is a reason for it. It's happen to me once. but it was because I dated a short guy and he asked me not wear high heels because he was insucure about his height. any justification for this guy to give you wardrobe specifics? maybe the little black dress if he is taking you some where nice. but I would maybe casually bring it up to him next time you talk, find out why.