Which dress do you like best?

Senior Ball's coming up, and I've been looking at dresses all week, but I might need some help. Take a look and tell me what you think.

link (the light blue one)

link

link

link Um, this one might be better in theory ;)

link

If you have reasons why one's better than another, do tell, thanks :) Other suggestions are cool too.

• Dress 1
  • Dress 2
  • Dress 3
  • Dress 4
  • Dress 5

Most Helpful Girl

• First off, hope you have an amazing time! Once you pick the dress don't forget to have it altered.

The light blue gown- No, because it's a really pale, pastel color and that won't give you any pop or contrast in relation to your darker skin and ebony hair... Plus, that color isn't even relevant this season for spring/summer.

The blue cutout dress- No, because I've seen too many girls wear that kind of dress and it really isn't anything special. I feel like there's no shape at the bottom from your hips to the floor so you'll look like a bell and that isn't that flattering or form fitting. Same thing with the color. Not bold enough for prom.

The white dress- I love it. It's simple, classy, sexy and sleek. Against your skin tone and hair it would look beautiful and classic. It's form fitting without being overdone and I love the slit in the leg and the cutout at the back. You could do a gorgeous updo with silver/pearl accessories and some gorgeous silver heels. I would choose this one out of every other dress.

The multiprint dress- Nooooo. Too many girls will be wearing a dress similar to this and it will look just as awful. I'm all for patterns, but not for prom. This looks ridiculous. Plus your boobs would be all over the place and you'd have to worry about double sided tape, etc. Just no.

The one shoulder dress- No to this because I'm not thrilled about either of the colors and the details. I don't like the material in the front, I have a short dress like that I'm wearing to my sister's wedding and it has to lay just perfectly otherwise you'll look pregnant. And I do not like the beading at the bust, it looks like a sun, that could've been done so much more tastefully.

• You went into so much depth, and gave such honest, personalized advice, I love it =) Yes, I'm definitely going to have to get it altered, it's much too long for my 5'3" self haha. The white one is lovely, I think you're spot on about all of them. I was thinking the blue at first cause it felt princess-like to me, but I think you're right about the white one looking better with my skin tone. I have to decide on hairstyle next, and I'll look into some updos. Thank you so much Tia! <3

• You're welcome Nitya! I would've loved to have been on this site when I went to prom, etc. I'm sure you'll beautiful no matter what dress and hairstyle you choose but I do hope you go with the white one hehe. <3

• Aww thanks :) Haha, yeah actually it seems I become more and more conflicted the more I look at the others lol. Perhaps I should feature this and get a few more answers before I pick this weekend.

What Guys Said 11

• I voted for 3, but I really like 2 and 3.

Of them all, the only one I WOULDN'T recommend is number 1. Whilst it's the most 'sexy' being strapless, it's also the most risky. One false jump or bounce could end up with a fair bit of embarassment.

Of couse, since I'm a guy, I should be recommending dress 1 then getting the DJ to play House of Pain - Jump Around. But you should probably ignore that.

• Hahaha, you have a point. It doesn't fit loosley but there's always the possibility, and that would be bad, to say the least lol. I must say I'm partial to it though.

• Well, you know your body and behavior better then anyone. If your... how to say nicely... of 'ample' size and can wear it (maybe with a bit of double sided tape), and you feel comfortable with the attention, go for it.

But if you're the type of girl that'll dance and bounce a bit, maybe get a bit drunk, I'd go for something with a strap or two.

And for any males reading this, I'm sorry. I'm very very sorry.

• Lol alright, thanks :)

• I think it depends on how formal the ball is going to be. If it is more casual then my favorite is the fourth link, the others are all very formal.

• i like the third one the best, it's classier than the others imo. lol at the fourth one.

• yeah, the fourth one was more a i-must-try-on-but-never-actually-wear-dress haha. It's too extravagant for me lol.

• It's between the 3rd link and the red one in the 5th link.

• White Evening Gown by La Femme

classy, stylish, sexy, need I say more?

• tie between the orange and multicolored. gotta go with the multicolored though

• Either Dress 2 or 3... I'm gonna go with 3. Very sex/classy at the same time imo.

• I like the white one with the slit up the side.

• Definitely 3. Or 5 if 3 isn't picked.

• the 3rd one -- yeah! you'd be the belle of the ball!

• Id wear the yellow one in link 5

What Girls Said 5

• I really like the first and the last, I like the first one in dar blue though. I hope you have a good time and have fun. :)

• i love the last one, I had considered that smae one for my schools prom!

• dress 2 is gorgeous

• dress 2

• You have great taste in clothes. It was a toss up between 2 and 5 but I selected 2.