How do some guys do it so easy?

how do some guys get numbers and dates so easy and I never have?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's REALLY isn't the jackass part of a jerk that makes women like him.

Imo, the #1 factor of jerks getting girls is the # of girls they ask out. They probably ask out 50 girls a week, no joke. Like in sales, the more prospecting/marketing that is done, the more odds he has @ making sales.

I'm in salesman, so I'll use myself as an analogical example.

When I do cold-calls from the phone book, I give my script on the phone, then I gauge the person's interest via tone of voice (assuming I don't get the phone slammed in my face lol).

*If they're interested, I aim to set an appointment.

*If they're not interested, I politely end the phone call (time is $$$; no need to waste time).

*If I'm unsure, I ASSUME they're interested & aim to set an appointment.

Talking to girls (total strangers, that is), to be frank, is similar to "cold prospecting" in sales. The two things to take from my personal analogical example:

1) numbers, numbers, NUMBERS. Most guys that get a lot of girls, will honestly tell you that they ask out A LOT of girls. Thus their "success %" honestly is quite low. Don't pride yourself on going "for a high success rate." My agency CEO said, out of his own mouth via conference call, "the most successful agents aren't the best sales people; they're the best prospectors".

Think about it.

2) Confidence is key. Once you approach you # say your opening words, GAUGE HER DEMEANOR. If she's obviously blowing you off, don't waste time "trying to win her". On to the next one. If she is interested, get her #. If you're unsure if she's interested, ASSUME she is, while you're continuing to gauging her. You'll know if she's interested, or is "just being polite" if you pay close attention.

My response was long-winded...so hopefully it did something to help you out with your dilemma. Talking to girls takes people skills, so sorry ladies; as bad as it sounds, talking to y'all IS a skill.

Remember what my agency CEO said, & you'll learn this skill soon enough.

What Girls Said 12

• charm

• Some guys know what interests girls. All girls know from the second a guy comes up to her, he wants her phone number. And since we already got a gist of what's happening, we're waiting to be impressed. It's not that hard really. We want a funny, charming guy. Hate the sleazy comments, bleh.

• i disagree. They don't have to impress us they just can't f*** up. when a guy is approaching me I put him in one of 3 categories 1) omg he's hott I'd date him this second. 2) eh he's cute, I could date him and 3) Friendzone...i will never even think about dating you. now 95% of guys that approach me are in the 3rd category and it doesn't how smooth they are I will never date them but as for the other 5%, seen as I'm already interested in them all they have to do is not f*** up. I know I sound too

• From what I was thinking, impressing me is part of not f***ing up. And not impressing me is f***ing up. From the second a guy comes up to me, I just find it weird to put labels on them. Why not give someone a chance? Sure the appearance does a lot for a person but I try not to judge. I want the guy who comes up to me to be clean first, not expecting some insanely gorgeous person. It's not like only ugly guys have great personalities.

• I find it incredibly sexy when the guy's smart, witty, and smooth. It makes me want to jump him. All I'm saying is I don't want a ripped up, hot guy who only says stupid cheesy lines that anyone can come up with. Sure I'd be flattered he came on to me but I can seriously say, he will not make me horny. What I meant by impressing is not with MONEY, I said girls want a funny charming person! Am I the only girl who wants depth in a guy?

• well if you're a good looking guy then women just naturally want you so when you ask for our number, because we already want you, we throw our number at you..

for the OK looking guys and unattractive guys they have to have confidence. Act like your the sh*t and even if the girl doesn't agree the moment she sees you, she will at least be curious to know why you think you are the sh*t and once you have her curious, you have something over her.

• well looks play a part, but personally I never really give out my number even if the dude is good looking for me it all depends on if I can trust the person, don't come across creepy ha

• a lot of girls are saying looks play a big part, which I don't really agree with, there have been heaps of short, fat or just plain pug ugly casanovas over the centuries,

It's all about confidence.

never forget that confidence is sexy.

• looks and confidence beat out confidence and bad looks.

• you say that but could you date confident guys that look like Flava Flav, richard keil or Danny devito..eh I doubt but could you date an unconfident lookalike of Leonardo dicaprio or james franco ..hmmmm hard choice? I think not.

• well yeah,obviously everything else being equal attracttive people will always have it easier. but a guy like danny devito could make me fall for him if I met him in real life and he was charming and confident and sweet, more than someone who looked like leonardo dicaprio who was bumbling and stupid. but maybe that's just me.

• well looks are a big part of getting numbers and dates easy. I'm not saying unattractive or okay looking guys can't get dates but its a lot easier for a hot guy. I don't know how you look though. guys who get girls easy are usually persuasive and a little seductive? ha ha umm confidence is a big thing.

• i guess it's all in their persona...they maybe be confident or a right amount of cockiness...they could be humorous...it just boils right down to the personality trait that you bring out

• because they're probably not dates ...

• Confidence

• You either have a bad personality, you're really ugly, or you're really shy. Or probably a combination of those three.

• guys that pick up girls that easily are skilled in the art of telling women what they want to hear. what can a guy do to pick up respectable women easily? simple. be honest. the girls that give away their numbers like candy soon turn into women that know a silver-tongued talker from an awkward but sincere closet heartthrob that wants to do more than hit it and quit it. being rejected by some tart that you don't know (and probably won't like once you get to know her) is much easier than being rejected by someone that you love and have been in a relationship with. chin up and dazzle them with the real you. they'll find out who he is sooner or later, anyway;)

• We like guys who are seductive, fun and charming. We also love attention and persistence pays too. Not stalking someone but rather being around long enough for a girl to notice you... Hope this helps...

• I can't find a girl otherwise?

• Good looks only helps if it makes you feel confident in yourself. Women love a guy who is emotionally secure with himself.

• Good looks only help if they make you feel confident? Afraid not. Like it or not, the guy can be a total douche and still get girls Easily if he's good looking. I have a friend that is, unfortunately, very good looking but is one of the most insecure guys I think I've ever met and yet I've never seen him single for more than a couple weeks.

What Guys Said 22

• Trail and error. Learn what you've got working for you and use it to your advantage. Unless you've got some hideous disfigurement, the only reason you can't get a girls number and don't get dates is because you don't try.

Too many guys sit over in the corner and think to themselves, oh I'm so awesome, I'm the nicest guy and would make the best boyfriend, if I just stay here long enough someone is bound to come over and notice how great I am. Wrong. Ant gonna work. We all like to think were somehow special and unique. We like to believe that we have something going for us that no one else does but the simple fact of the matter is we don't.

There are a tun of guys standing in the same line you are. Each waiting their turn for some gorgeous girl to happen upon them. You can continue to stand in that line or you can leave it and enter the self check. Our lines are much shorter.

• tsk tsk tsk and I though girls didn't care about looks huh? It goes to show how hipocrate women are, look at all of these answers, they prove that they DO care about looks. I already knew any ways but this is good ass evidence regardless.

Ok back to your question:

1) Looks plays a huge part, because lets be honest if you are hot you are very likely not going to get rejected adn you already have an advantage.

2) The way you dress says a lot about you as well. If you are all sweaty and you hair is messy your chances are not very good

3) The biggest reason however is the approach though, some men are really good at doing this. They know how to pick women from the crowd and they know how to go past women's games and little dinky tests. They also know how to seduce them and connect with them emotionally. They also know how to be charming and funny as well. They are also confident as well and somewhat aggressive as well.

I have had my success but I have also had my failures. I would say 50/50 for me, sometimes I get many numbers, sometimes I get absolutely nothing. I am sure a lot of people have thier good and bad times.

You should go to sosuave.com its an excelent website with some good stuff, specially for beginners and they alsdo they have books that they suggest for you to read. I haven't read any book yet, but I have read stuff from them and their stuff is pretty great and it makes sense too.

• Getting phone numbers mean nothing in itself.

If you really want someone's phone number, tell them you're waiting for a really important call and ask them to call you just so you can check if your phone is working. And poof, you get a phone number.

In fact, if you went up to every girl you knew and blurted that you wanted her phone number, you'd probably get well over a 50% success rate.

The guys who get the most phone numbers are probably the ones who ask for them the most.

The most simple answer to your question: Just increase the number of girls you ask phone numbers from and set up dates with and you'll have more success in those areas.

• If you're out of shape. Take up sport, or even join a dance class. (lots of girls at dance classes). Please no gym (boring!). Not only will you get in shape, but you'll meet different people, and get used to meeting random strangers and having to talk to them.

If you're not drop dead gorgeous. Don't worry. Get some really smart clothes. Even if it's just one outfit. make sure all the styles match. Ask a trusted female friend to go with you, and tell her why. (is she likes you, she will probably think that is so sweet of you, and word will get round you're a lovely guy!). Girls judge a guy on their clothes more than you would believe. Guys don't, a fit girl to us, well, she would still be fit in a cocktail dress or in a pair of old dungerees. But to a girl, a guy in a smart outfit is going to do better than someone in old dungerees! Think of it like the feathers of a peacock.

Be interesting. Have a passion for something, doesn't matter what it is, it's something to talk about enthusiastically. If you don't have a passion for anything, get one (see first point)

Listen. Quite simply that. Listen to what a girl is saying to you. Trust me, be a good listener is being better than being a good talker as far as girls are concerned.

Be considerate. If you were listening to her, you'll know what her dreams and ambitions are. Remember what they are, and don't use her fears against her.

Be sincere. Say what you mean, not what you think she wants to hear.

Move slowly, talk deeply. Watch her body language. Watch yours. Be careful not to invade her space if she isn't signalling to. Alternatively move closer if she is signalling you to.

Shower, smell great. Girls love smelly things (have you seen their shops in the mall... girls love smelly things)

Most of all, be fun, smile, make eye contact and be true.

• Have you heard the song "Tonight I'm F****** You"? Be a walking, breathing version of that song. Be confident, fun, and seductive.

• I don't want sluts though

• so then I'm screwed

• Why would you be skrewed? If you are a good guy who will treat a woman right, then you have nothing to worry about. Be proud of who you are

• we live in a society where all that we see is all that surrounds us. Open your eyes bro!

Happiness exists in many forms, not only through some sexual instincts. The rule of the game is that girls never make the first step and they end up with the guys who make the first step, and many times its the bad guys who do that, therefore you see many divorces, complain from women of not finding nice guys. Girls have to learn to go for their Mr Right.

If you want to practice the dating game you can read everything about it, but be aware what you think its most important out of your life.

hope it helps!

• learn the "secrets of seduction"

-google it, does wonders mate

• If you want to go on a date with her you need to be an average -good looking guy with a good attitude most girls are willing to go on a date if it's somewhere fun and your paying but if your trying to pick up a girl you don't know and get her number it comes down to looks and charm.Remember many relationships are created from friendships too so making a lot of friends helps because usually your already compatible and the only thing you have to find out is if she finds you attractive.Don't worry though all guys get rejected.

• Confidence

Don't listen to the men are liars crap 2/3 women spout.

sure it works, they fall for it quite often.

but if you honest to them and confident in yourself you should be fine.

remember how can someone else like you, if you don't like yourself?

• because saying Hi and that's it doesn't work anymore

• confidence, and 20 percent of men date or get 80 percent of the women, so women have more exes than men do

• your statistic makes no sense to me so 20 percent of men date while 80 percent of women do? Makes nos sense.

• so your saying girls are the ones asking guys out?

• no, that's bullsh*t, since girls don't have to initiate, they have more options

• Just do it bro, walk up to a girl and ask.

Its really nothing more than that. Don't over think it.

• Good question I was always wondering the same ting.

• assuming that they are average most guys use game (even if they don't realize it) and the rest are just lucky (they are just very attractive/friendly). by the way when I say attractive I don't nessisarily mean physically

• Got to have experience with life. That's how you naturally are able to talk fluently and relate on a lot of subjects. Carefree attitude, because you don't need a girl to validate your self-worth. Don't put to much pressure on yourself, because chances are the girl is probably almost, if not as, nervous as you are. And being attractive to the girl will always put you in the lead over a not so attractive guy, cruel world.

• The 3 main things women are attracted to are looks, money, and personality, develop those as much as possible, and above all have confidence, unstoppable unbreakable confidence, women like confidence (without the ego and cockiness) above everything

• how many times have you tried asking a girl for her #?

• 2 times

• I think you should do a sales job. Cold calling people. Man, that will get you used to rejection.

If you did 2 calls in a sales job and didn't get a sale you would be out the door.

Imagine having to get told "no" 40-50 even 60 times a day just to get 3 or 4 yeses. (And that's on a good day!)

• I concur with all of this here.

• i dont think i have ever asked for a girls number, they normally ask me

• one word CONFIDENCE!

• FBGM

• success breeds success. Don't worry about it.

• Google