Tax Day! What are you doing with your refund?

It's tax day, and just wondering what everyone is doing with their refund (if you're receiving one, that is). :)

I am putting half in savings, and saving the other half for vacation.

How about you?

Most Helpful Guy

• refund, what refund, I owed money...youre supposed to try and get it as close to even as possible...

think of it this way, people think its great to get monye back - WRONG! all that money you had, could have been put into a bank and had interest gain on it, or even better invested in stock...the "refund" is basically a loan you gave the government, which they paid NO INTEREST on...now lets think what happens when you borrow money for a car loan or student loans - you have to pay interest as well - why shouldn't the governemnt...

my point is it shouldn't be something to celebrate about, even tho if you get a lot of money back its great! I'm sure you'd rather have a bank or stocks hold onto it where you'll gain more monye, rather than have the government spend it on whatever and not give you any interest on their "borrowed" money...

although I will also say that I did change my W2 so I get a refund next year, I could care less about the 1% interest the banks give you, mine will go to investments next year

• By the same logic, I think you should owe as much as possible in April, without incurring an underpayment penalty.

• the problem with that is, most people expect a refund, so with the money they are recieving throughout the year (not thinking, oh crap I'm gonna owe in april) then they really are spending more than they should - its hard for some people to save and think about next years taxes. Most of the people would probably be screwed by owing the big $, but I do see your logic - I understand it and can prepare for it, but a lot of people cannot :/

What Girls Said 15

• bailed my husband out of jail

• It's already gone. Well, almost. It went to a trip to see my boyfriend, and just regular living expenses. Mostly gas. F***you OPEC.

• I'm considering putting at least 75% of it towards one of my credit card balances...they have gotten a bit out of control :(

• Paying my rent. :-( adulthood sucks ass.

• I'm only getting $300 back, which is going towards paying down my credit card.

• Considering it was only $77 maybe we will go out for dinner or something. But it is better then nothing the last few years we owed.

• My sister is using hers to take her and I to a concert for one of my favorite bands! And possibly going to Hershey park :)

• we're getting a car and splitting the rest between us and our daughter. I'm probably gonna blow it on clothes

• I am paying my car insurance LMFAO,

• ...i'm just gonna blow it :)

• I only got a dollar...so not much

• Savings!

I live simple life and am already capable to cover expenses on necessities for the entire year plus wonderful annual vacation with my modest income already. This money is mine and was supposed to be mine from the beginning. It's not that I win a lotto or something. I just lent it to the poor government, and now I got it back with no interest. So, it goes get some rest in my savings account for pathetic interest rate and for investment in some registered funds with a reliable fund manager. I've been doing this for a few years already. I am trying to make it grow. I have a project for not having to work too hard at the later stage of my life ;-) or at least secure it.

• I got a little over $1,000 for my tax refund a little over a week ago. I've only got about $300 of it left now lol. I went shopping, to the movies, out to eat, bought groceries with it. I didn't really need it for anything anyway. :)

• considering I only got like $80. already spent it at the bars.

• shopping

What Guys Said 22

• i got mine back in february. I used some of it to pay off my car and my ex got part of it because of certain reasons. but basically it's all gone now :(

• HA! I haven't even done my taxes yet, I guess tonight's the night lol

• straight into the electric bill that's been getting more and more behind from winter hour cuts. easy come easy go.

• I got mine in feb. It went into my bank...I have slowly used it to pay for car repairs...a min vacation and buying a droid x. I think I have maybe a 100 left...that will be for rent lol

• i got 12 bucks.. I'm spending it on 2 footlongs at subway lol

• I'm 24 this year, and every year since I was 16 I've saved my returns so when I get engaged I'll be able to afford a nice ring and help put a down payment on a house. :)

• Was gonna use mine to pay my property taxes and to go home for a week and see my family but the IRS decided they wanted it all claiming I owe them more then it was worth which is bullcrap.

• I'm a tax resister and an anarchist. F***the government, f*** the police, and f*** humanity.

• Weekender in Vegas and snort blow off a russian prostitute's ass

• bought a computer 3 months ago when I filed.

• Well I recived mine back in Feb. But I payed off my student loans. Bills my friend bills. I know it should be spent on something fun.

• well since I have a perfect credit score at 20 years old, and only a car payment. I'm just going to save it! because today I don't feel like doin anythang, Tomorrow I'll wake up, do some P90X

Meet a really nice girl, have some really nice sex!

• i'm going to spend it all on weed.

• Paying bills... :-(

• I got 700. 150 was taken by my school and then 400 went to my mom for bills and the rest I spent over time. Also why do people wait so long to do taxes. I got mine back over 2 months ago.

• probly get some herb.

• hellz yeah don't know why I got marked 3 down and so did you for saying the same sh*t. oh well herb > booze

• sounds like a good plan to me

• mine got all put in the bank...

• I'm buying myself a new car :D I'm thinking a Mini

• I wasn't fortunate enough to get one. I owe them a wonderful $1,732. Yay for me!

• Buy some grass for 420 Wednesday!

• I paid $49K through 2010 and another $4K yesterday. Not exactly a refund.

• chagne your W2...i went from owing 1,200$ last year to $50 this year...but then again I guess it all depends on your financial situation and what you are taxed on :(

• As others have noted, it is better to owe the government than get a refund, if you are talking about a W-2. A W-2 only changes the timing on when you pay, and it is better to pay later rather than sooner.

Now, if you can change your 1040 and somehow pay less, that's different!

• You're from oakland, why would you save up $55. Just spend it all on fake Jordans. I also didn't know they gave refunds back in addition to welfare checks.