How much importance do you give your looks?

as in, how hard to you try to look good, how much do you care if you look good or not?

do you try to look your best or just good, just ok?

do you do it for your-self or for others?

i care only after the topic gets brought up, and I don't know if I could call it caring, its more like curiosity.

the only time I'll put effort into my looks is when I want to look in the mirror and like what I see, I don't let people's opinions interfere.

and I try to look good if I'm trying to get a girl to like me, which isn't very hard to be honest... but even then, I dress how I think I look good and only hope she likes it too, if she doesn't, f*** it, next girl.

but how much do you care?

• 1-2/10
  • 3-4/10
  • 5-6/10
  • 7-8/10
  • 9-10/10

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not the best looking person in the world - so I try hard.

It's a nice confidence boost if I can walk round and think, oh, okay - I look alright today. Sometimes I think if I was a lot better looking I'd try a lot less hard; but I'm more comfortable putting on make-up and wearing nice clothes than I am just pulling my hair back and putting on a pair of sweats.

I think I just - you know - like to try and make the best of myself. It's not like I'm worrying about it constantly or going to the bathroom to re-apply make-up every two seconds; but when I get up in the morning, I'll spend a bit of time making myself look good. I mean, I don't think I try really hard - I see some people dressed up so much they must have got out of bed an extra hour early to do themselves up - but I'll pick out nice clothes and try and make myself look good.

I suppose I'm just quite insecure and not at all that confident and spending a bit of time on my appearance makes me worry less. It's not like I'm so insecure it's eating me up or anything ... eh.

Essentially - I care what I look like. Other times I care more than others. If I'm stuck alone in my studio I don't care at all - but if I'm going out - then yeah, I care.

• i think you look really pretty in your profile pic actually.

• aww thanks; but yeah, an example of me trying to make myself look good lol. It wouldn't be so nice if I'd just rolled out of bed haha.

• well it paid off.

What Girls Said 9

• I only really really dress up for going out, and even then, I always get super dressed up. I like straightening my hair if I have time because I like the way my hair looks straightened. I don't straighten it to impress others. I don't dress up to impress others. I dress up for fun, because I look nicer that way. I wear a little make-up because I like the way I look with a little make-up. I don't do any of this for other people, I do it for myself.

It is pretty logical--I mean, the better you look, the better first impressions such as for interviews and such.

So, I figure, why not look decent?

• as in, how hard to you try to look good, how much do you care if you look good or not?

no

just ok- hygiene & grooming

myself I like being clean

but how much do you care?

0. looks fade.

• I try to look my best and I do it because that's what I want to do, not specifically to make others happy. Apparently whatever I do works because I get checked out all the time, but even if guys didn't check me out I would still look the way I wanted.

• I wanna look my best but that's not for any one else. And I don't really care about people's opinions

• I care like a lot. I have a tiny bit of paranoia and I believe when I'm walking ont he street everyone's looking at me (even if not true). I try to look my best every day, hair, make up, cloths. I guess I do it for other people, nor for me, I don't want them thinking that I don't take good care of myself. And I guess that when I look in the mirror I like better how I look than without makeup.

• hmm, you shouldn't let them get to you.

what it comes down to is, most of those people, you'll never see them again, as soon as they look away from you, they'll never think about you again. and they don't pay your bills, they don't give you the food you eat every day, so they should have no influence on your actions.

• I really haven't thought about that, you're absolutely right. But at the same time, I can't help to worry about it x.x, I get a little anxious when people stare/i believe they stare at me.

• same here, I don't like to feel eyes on me unless its a girl I like or someone I'm talking to.

but its like anything else, like bravery or hard work. to be brave does not mean to not be afraid, it means to have the will to go on while being afraid. and to be a hard worker isn't to work hard cause its easy, its to not want to do the work and do it anyway.

so think of this the same way, get passed your fear, do what you want, look how you want regardless of others' judgement, that's what I do...

• looks matter, we all know that. there's no denying it. it's what people first judge you on and we all know how important first impressions are

• i don't go by that. or first impressions cause I've been surprised too many times before.

and looks don't mater to everybody.

• Looks are very important. The better you look, the better you feel. When I'm looking good I feel so confident like I'm on top of the world and nobody can tell me sh*t. Also the better you look, the better people will treat you and percieve you. Society rewards beautiful people so why not strive to be one?

I do it 75% for me and 25% for others

I try to look like the best version of me. I don't let it rule my life or get stressed out about it, but I do try to take care of myself and maintain a polished cute appearance.

I don't dress up all the time but I still like to look nice on my casual days.

Plus I'm attracted to good looking guys so it wouldn't make sense for me to be drooling after guys who take care of themselves when I look frumpy

• I want to look my best which for me means keeping in shape and keeping in shape means working out regularly and being slim (around 100 lbs for me), flat tummy, no fat. Fortunately I have a good metabolism and I have no rpoblem with that... And of course I do it for myself. I know there are some guys who like chubby and even fat women but I simply can not stand the idea of chub and flubber on a woman, it looks awful, and unhealhty,.. I wonder why some men like this,.So of course I do it for myself in first place

• well that's just your taste, you must understand that everyone has different taste, what you like, another person might hate.

like no offense but you're not my type at all, to me, you're too skinny. I like curvy girls with something to grab on to.

but I know you must be getting hit on all the time cause to other guys you must be the hottest girl in the world. but see, that's just different taste.

• No, do not worry, I told I already know your taste from other comments

• I like to look good for myself. Like you, I just like to feel confident when I look in the mirror. It's a nice way to start the day. I'm not really bothered by the idea of other people thinking I DON'T look good.

What Guys Said 2

• D. I love to look nice, which can be a bit different from others' definitions X3 Whether it's spiking my hair or keeping clean, I do it so I feel good about myself, I have fun with it X3 I don't think looks are that important though, but hey. Who doesn't appriciate some eye-candy?

• lol 1-2. I try and stay clean and healthy (healthy part I need to work on even more, but I lack so much time). As for being stylish or whatnot? I don't really care. I don't like torn clothes and whatnot cause it doesn't feel comfortable to wear usually, but I'm not really stylish or anything. And I like to comb my hair only to keep it outta my face.

Doubt I shocked you :P

• yeah its not surprising haha

but I don't even put my shirt on when we have guests haha

people think I took off my shirt to take that pic, but I'm always with my shirt off, even when I go outside.

• If it's hot out, shirtless can be nice. But I prefer a shirt on.

• i like it if its hot and windy, that's the best time to be outside shirtless. for me anyway.