Color of skin an issue?

Do you get turned off dating someone/ sking them out because of their skin color?

I'm quite dark skin and wonder if guys do not find me attractive due to this...

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally... it's not at all a race thing with me. There ARE skin tones that I seem to naturally find more appealing... much the same as color of eyes, hair, body type, etc. To me... it's a package deal. Any one thing isn't a deal breaker for sure... regardless of what it is (unless your personality sucks... then that person can hit the bricks!).

If you're a darker complected woman... I wouldn't let that bother you. I have several friends who really do believe that saying "the darker the berry, the sweeter the juice"... and the darker the woman the sexier they find them! So no worries... it's not keeping you from getting a man.

Good luck and hope that helps!

• thats makes me feel better :D defo helped!

What Guys Said 10

• The colour of your skin should never reflect on someones physical attractiveness! I am sure it is an issue for some people but for many it isn't. Focus on the guys that are attracted to you, not the ones that arn't :P. I would deffinitly not be turned off by a darker girl!

• 'Focus on the guys that are attracted to you, not the ones that arn't' Very true :D

Thanks for your opinion :)

• Your welcome :D, but you know as strange as it sounds I don't honestly think people fully decide for themselves anymore on what they find really attractive. Yes to some extent they do and some guys arn't... but for the most part its a sub conciously driven desire to go for what has been shown to them to be the ideal off attractive, we partly get brainwashed to like certain features and looks that is not entirely our opinion

• I def have racial preference and I actually generally turned off by a girl being to white. my general rule is the darker the better. some guys are turned off black girls but it def not the case with everyone, some guys don't generally find black girls attractive at all

• im not racist or prejudicial towards black people. I have alotta black friends both guys and girls. but I just don't find black girls attractive

• As long as your not purple, I wouldn't mind.

• I like girls who are sexy and good looking . Color should not be an issue .

• if people judged other on the color of their skin... then they're racist. You're welcome

• as much love anti-racist comments she didn't say anything about being judged

• my bad I wasn't really paying attention. I love people no matter their skin color

• For me girls with a dark skin aren't especially a turn off, but the more white they are, the more turn-on for me..

I guess it's just preferrence that differs per guy..

• doesnt matter if your black or white

• YES. I would never date a purple girl! only if she was green...

• If you're insecure about your skiing color use bleaching cream it will lighten you up. Beyonce uses that. If you loon at her pics from childhood you'll see that she was darker then she is now.

P.S. If you do end up using it Meladerm is the best one (: or you could get one from a dermatologists

Oh, and to answer the question I prefer tan or light skinned females. However I have been attracted to girls with dark skin

What Girls Said 3

• Most of the guys I know are obsessed with dark chicks-maybe cause they're really pale so it's exotic to them,but yeah,guys love dark girls.Also as a straight girl I would only go gay for black chicks-Scary Spice in ''if you wanna be my lover'' was my first girl crush,and now I'm sort of in love with Shingai Shoniwa.

• haha ! well mel b is a hottie :D

Thanks for your opinion x

• "Also as a straight girl I would only go gay for black chicks" what?

you wouldn't be going for any chicks if you were straight

• well I'm attracted to guys of any color,but when it comes to girls-only black ones.so I'm sort of bi,but I'm more on the straight half

• Color is not an issue or me

• i get turned on or off depending on the personality and style and how they carry themselves, like I used to have a crush on my art teacher he was african american and omg he was so hot all the girls of all skin colors had a crush on him because he was very intelligent and artsy and mature and had a charm about himself, he didn't have an accent or anything nor acted gangster, he dressed up like he was from GQ magazine and he was just mad hot ahhh haha

so no skin color alone doesn't determine attractiveness, it really comes down to how to you carry yourself and your overall persona and style as well, I know tons of white guys who are obsessed with rihanna and beyonce and I watch gossip girl and the new character Raina played by tika sumpter is very gorgeous. I personally really love and admire tyra banks she's so chic and just inspiring.

• I too had a hot teacher like that lol

i haven't yet seen tika sumpter, but celebs like rhianna and beyonce are quite light skinned.

But I get the your point, very true, thanks! x

• the girl on gossip girl is dark skinned and even if rihanna and beyonce are light skinned its how their personality is that men love them, theyre confident and sexy and edgy and feminine and smart