Guys who like to shop?

The widely accepted notion is that guys HATE to shop and would rather stick pins in their eyes than be in malls, trying things on, etc.

I have to say that I don't fit that mold -- I want it to fit right, look right, and I can't stand having to return things (esp if I would have taken my time and tried it on)...

Any other dudes know what I'm talking about?

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend is like that. He actually gets upset if I go to the mall and don't invite him. He also likes to pick out clothes for me. He's surprisingly good at determining what will look good on me just by seeing it on the rack. Even I have a hard time with that, and it's my body.

What Girls Said 8

• All guys I know are like that,my brother and father spend hours on picking clothes and most of my friends have a lot of cool designer clothes and they all pick their own stuff

• As long as he doesn't force me to go I could care less about my boyfriend's shopping habits. Though in the 8 months we've been together neither of us have gone clothing shopping...

• my husband loves to shop and personally I hate it lol

• My boyfriend like to shop with me like that. It's nice.

• idk

• As long as he doesn't take 20 min to try on 2 shirts and ends up not buying anything. I guess that would be OK, guys do need new clothes and we aren't living in the 90's anymore. As long as he does not dress like a gay. Or try to get me to wear something I don't like.

• i don't like guys that love colothes

• My brother loves to shop! Totally respectable. There is nothing wrong with that

What Guys Said 5

• as a kid my mom and sister always dragged me around malls for what seemed like an eternity.. I had to go because I was too young to stay home alone.

so because of that I haaaate shopping lol. the only exception is shopping for basketball shoes :). I could check those babies out for hours haha

• I'm right there with ya. Admittedly most of what I shop for is either athletic gear or professional attire, but I really do enjoy shopping and finding a great shirt or pair of pants.

I also often have trouble finding other straight guys to go shopping because they view it with a significant stigma.

• I'm totally with you. I love to shop! specially shoes. I'll get a great fitting jacket from banana republic, j crew etc, then I get it tailored for the PERFECT fit. I'm very fashion oriented.

the only problem I have is that I'm always wearing skinny jeans and tanks(I guess I gives off a gay vibe), so I get hit on by guys all the time. it's awful haha. and girls always tell me that I have great style, they proceed to ask if I'm gay.. so lame.

• nope, I hate shopping.. unless its for videogames

• When women complain about men not liking to shop, they are complaining about guys rushing THEM, not helping THEM pick out what looks nice on THEM.

They couldn't give two squirts that you like to buy your own clothes.

• Wrong on that one.

• Nah, I just don't care when a little girl tells me I'm wrong. I've heard women complain about men not shopping with them longer than she, and you, have been alive. For the reason I've stated.

• Actually you're right. :P

Though I hate bringing people to shop for clothes, I'd rather go alone, so it doesn't concern me. But I've heard that speech so many times.