How important is it for a guy to look you girls in the eyes?

I know a guys eyes can hold some good potential for attraction because it shows the guy is into that girl especially if the guy has nice eyes. I want to practice this more because I've been told I have nice eyes by a lot of people, including girls. I never really look girls in the eyes though when I'm talking to them. Is this one of the most important ways to flirt?

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh... wait, why not? I prefer people in general to look at me in the eyes when they're talking to me. In fact it really bugs me if they're looking somewhere else. I think it's just polite to look at someone when they're speaking or when you're speaking.

What Girls Said 3

• Yesss! Just because looking into someones eyes seems simple, don't forget how important it is. There's just something about it that's a turn on, probably because it demonstrates confidence. My boyfriend does it all the time :) Just remember to glance away sometimes...you don't want to stare so deep for so long that you look like a serial killer hahaha.

• Is this one of the most important ways to flirt?

Yes lack of ye contact = shady to me

• Why not? Are you shy? Don't like the girl?

A guy is doing to his to me (won't look me in the eye for longer than a question). I am starting to think he hates me or something.

What Guys Said 1

• Look into their eyes. Probably one of the most important cues of proper communication and presentation. If you can't make eye contact with someone, you shouldn't be talking to them. You will learn a lot with it. Watch where her eyes are going. You'll pick up on her cues naturally. And remember, her eyes are not in her cleavage, or on your shoes.