Does milking Sephora for free samples make me a terrible person?

I spend about $1,000 a year at Sephora and am part of their VIB program.

Every time I stop by Sephora I ask for free samples. They usually pull out a ziploc sandwich sized bag full of samples of hair and skin products. Also, at Sephora if you ask for a sample of any liquid, they have to give it to you. I usually always walk out with a few perfume samples, some skincare stuff, foundation, and sometimes even hair gel and nail polish.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. You are paying for all those free samples when you pay for all those products that are marked up for them to make a profit. Sephora accounts for the price of free samples in their business model, I'm sure.

What Guys Said 2

• No that doesn't make you a bad person. Does it make me a bad person that when a natural disaster occurs I invest in the stocks that are oh so predictable to rise and profit off of it? Probably, but that's capitalism. :)

• Does it make you a terrible person? No. But you're walking out with a couple bucks of free crap each time, can't exactly call that morally upright behavior.

What Girls Said 2

• Nope because you more than make it worth their while with how much you spend. I used to do that too by asking for about 5 perfume samples each time I went. But ever since I switched to all natural perfume I haven't bothered them ;)

• think about how much profits these companies make by ripping off customers with high markups. do what you gotta do to make things easier on you. you're probably not rich but the CEO of sephora is getting rich off of all of us!