We're caught between showing too much skin and not showing enough skin. What to do?

My sister and I have very similar styles and body types. My style is feminine with a touch of alternative rock for some edginess. My sister is punk rock with a touch of girlie for some softness. We both have hourglass shapes, medium sized boobs, small waists, long legs, and curvy hips and butts.

My sister wears very low cut tops, tops that show her stomach, and tiny shorts and skirts. Guys often tell her that she's showing too much skin and dressing provocatively.

I wear fitted t-shirts, sometimes v-necks or off the shoulders, and skinny jeans or knee length skirts. Guys tell me that I don't show enough skin and I dress too conservatively.

What's a good balance for us so we show just enough skin?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on how you want to portray yourself. Personally, I like fitted shirts, show off your form without excessive skin. Though skin is very nice, it's not really appropriate for all places. If you have curves, wear things that will show them off without leaving a lot of you uncovered. Unless of course you want to look extra sexy, in which case go for it. It's your choice.

What Guys Said 2

• Really, it's up to you, not about what guys think you or her should wear. If you feel more comfortable wearing fitted t-shirts and jeans, then that's your style. And personally, I'd prefer a girl that dresses like that as oppose to one who dresses like your sister. But neither really sounds "wrong"

• I think it depends highly on the weather if its super hot then sure where skimpy sh*t but where I come from if its cold I think that the girls who are wearing nuthin are kinda slutty and show to much skin you can show skin as long as you kinda have a reason girl with the mini skirt when its negative 20 out not so much

What Girls Said 2

• I think there is a fine line between being slutty and sexy when it comes to dressing. With your sister it might be a bit over the line of being sexy. I think what I don't think is sexy are shorts that show off bits of your butt or skirts that are only a few centimetres from your butt. With low cut tops I think as long as they do not go down past the nipples (in the centre) then that is fine. If you want to talk more I happy to. Feel free to friend me.

• Whatever you feel comfortable in! If guys have a problem with it, too bad. Unless if's for a job or something, you're not dressing up for anyone but yourself!