What do you think of fashion trends?

Yesterday I went into a shoe store and saw a pair of boots labelled "vintage bronx" and I couldn't help thinking, if I wanted vintage shoes why the f*** would I be looking in a chain store in my local mall ?

and then people buy these shoes for $200 to get the vintage look, because the vintage look is "in" .

But doesn't the fact that you spent a lot of money to buy FAKE vintage shoes from a mainstream chain store make you a really really uncool?

i don't get it.

how do you guys approach fashion? do you adhere to the current trends or try to be different? worship labels or not really give a f***?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it makes you 'uncool' to buy vintage looking shoes for that price.

To buy an actual pair of vintage boots, in good nick, and which will last - it's going to be pricey anyway. I mean, you can go into tons of vintage stores and pick up a bunch of boots for a couple of quid, but they look beat up, smell bad, and they're practically worn out.

Good looking, real vintage, often comes with a big price tag - and a lot of it's down to luck - whether you can find it or not. So no. Spending that much on vintage looking, good quality, boots isn't that bad if someone wants it.

If it looks good who cares?

Fashion is about appearance, not about integrity or stuff like that- if you like something I say buy it. And just because someone's buying what is a current trend, doesn't necessarily mean they stick to those trends, could just be that something like the vintage look happens to be in season - it's usually very in in summer - and that coincides with you're usual look, so you can easily get items to go from the highstreet instead of trolling round loads of tiny backstreet shops with a fine tooth-comb looking for something.

I don't usually follow fashion trends, at least not all of them - when sheer came in, I liked it so I brought it, but it didn't completely change my look or anything. I just buy what I like - I don't try to look like anything, I don't try to be different, and I don't try to follow people in terms of my clothes, I'm just me. I like labels, they're a sign of something being well made and lasting, and often have a better finish and look to other stuff, but I don't buy a lot of it because I can't afford it. Still - if you look hard enough, there's good stuff out there everywhere, in the mainstream chain stores and other places.

What Guys Said 6

• i don't give a f*** about fashion. I've been dressing the same as long as I can remember and don't plan to change it.

• I hardly keep up with trends, because they are 1) Something I don't care about, I just wear whatever I want, and 2) They last probably a few months until another style or alteration comes in.

I will see clothes, shoes, pants/shorts that I like or have an idea of how I want to wear them, so I'll buy them. Just last Friday, I wore some cargo-ish shorts (they weren't exactly cargos, but same type of shorts), a band-t, and white Sperry Topsiders lol, like the ones a baller would wear. Not the old people ones.

• I wanna see a link? I'm interested in what cost 200 bucks and looks vintage

• I don't follow no stupid trends ... I make my own fashion and path in life.

• I just wear clothes that I like trends are stupid

• "Fashion fades, only style stays the same" - Coco Chanel

I settled on a look I like--*almost* casual, natural fibers--lots of wool and cotton ("Mmm, soft."), earth tones--then tried to make it as timeless and classy as possible. The goal is to lead fashion, to find my own style, with clothes I like that make me look good.

What Girls Said 3

• I wear what I like not what is supposedly in trend. Some stuff that comes out every season as being the new thing to have are f***ing hideous. Some people are slaves to fashion and have to have what they're told they must have. I on the other hand, along with most people, have a mind of my own.

• i do whatever the f*** I want.i'm not a trend whore cause every time I see what's ''in'' I want to puke,but I don't try to be different either-all these emo hipsters think of themselves as unique when in reality they're all the same.so I buy and wear what I think looks good-it doesn't matter if it is or isn't in

• Yeah, I hate the whole faux-vintage thing. When clothes are manufactured to look really worn (pre-ripped jeans, for example) it just really bugs me. Especially cause vintage is often so much cheaper.

• exactly, there's something disingenuous about it.