How can I incorporate more of a rocker vibe into my girlie wardrobe?

For the last few years I've been trying to develop my own style. I adopted the girlie look, but I've found that I want to add a bit more of a rocker vibe to my wardrobe. I don't want to go all out and look like a punk rocker, but look girlie alternative rock (if that makes sense).

Right now I have a few band t-shirts, a fedora, menswear vest, Converse, and a corset skirt. I'm looking into getting some colored Converse and experimenting with new makeup looks.

What other rocker pieces should I add to my wardrobe? I'm thinking both accessories and basic clothing pieces.

Thanks for your help! : )

I don't know if this is helpful, but I pretty much live in skinny jeans. I've recently developed a liking for one shoulder and off the shoulder tops.

Most Helpful Girl

• if you want the generic rocker style,black makeup,black everything really,tight clothes,lots of leather,dirty dark hair.but rock comes from whitin.i used to be girlie,but once I just naturally started listening to rock,the ''not give a sh*t'' clothing style came by itself.you have different types of rock,my style is more on the grunge side-i have short messy hair,band tees,lot's of converse,plaid shirts are an addiction of mine,but I do dress up sometimes too,my style developed naturally through looking at the people I loved (musicians,actors).you shouldn't force anything,wear what you want,it's not like girlie girls can't listen to rock

What Guys Said 2

• Leather things, mannn. And vintage clothing, worn stuff, a few studded or ripped things, if you want. If you mix that in with girlie stuff it looks total lej.

• black. lots of it. no more bright colors and frilly tops. black is what you want and tshirts with bands on them. hot topic is good place to start. but yeah. I dk if you can do both at the same time. its not really possible. if it is, then you will have proven me wrong. remember though, everyone has their own opinions. what you think is rocker, I may see as girly

• I've always associated black with goth or emo, which are not the looks I'm going for. I'm thinking more along these lines: link

link

link

• Aren't you stereotyping by saying that a rocker look has to be all black?

• arent you stereotyping yourself by saying you want to become a rocker

What Girls Said 2

• My favorite thing for a rocker look is urban decay's black palette for smoky eyes. the colors are amazing and always turn out great. As for clothing, whatever you'd like :)

• Converse almost define rockers, I'd say! Although not completely. I often see girls with alternative styles wearing skinny jeans, eyeliner, sometimes lipstick, and a lot of bracelets, as well.

Personally, I don't have that kind of style, so my answer probably won't be helpful at all. But I've seen a lot of girls pull it off, and it looks good if it suits you. :)