Would wearing a feather in my hair be cute or silly?

my one friend wears a flower in her hair almost every day. I was thinking of wearing a feather.

omg so many answers!

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 31

• I seriously would advise you not to do it, if you want to do something like that, I would recommend like a flower or something for the spring time, but it would have to match up with your clothing, I can totally see a flower in your hair with spring colors and floral designs for your clothing. I can however, see a feather in your hair for more formal outings, like if you go to a restaurant or a ball room party, you can do a peacock feather. I would model in front of friends, if it really really looks good on you, you can probably wear it anywhere you want. See, not to many guys look good with a diamond nose stud, but 2pac pulled it off, so you never know. Just be unique and confident about it.

• Well, while it may sound kind of cute and lovely in its own way, I think it would largely depend on your current outfit, hairstyle and of course your hair colour - depending on the feather colour, too.

Otherwise you may just come across as an attention seeker or something like that - especially to those spiteful kind of people. If you and your friend are both wearing things in your hair and you hang out together, some people might find it humourous in the negative way, as well.

But no, while it's not exactly original, if you wear your hair kind of cropped and have a feather in it, it could look kind of nice. It's kind of unique and not seen often, at the very least.

Plus, it's Easter. Wear a chicken feather. :)

• i would like it. I love anything different and out of the boring main stream. but the most important part is once you decide to do something you have to rock it all the way with confidence cause if you don't people can see it all over your face (that your doing it but not sure about it). your a beautiful girl, you could wear a toilet plunger on your head and it would look good. I say rock it, and don't think twice about it. I do crazy things fashion wise and people always say that I can "pull it off". but the reason is cause I don't give a damn and everybody knows it. I'm not thinking, "oh crap I got a feather in my hair and some people might think its silly"...instead I'm thinking "hell yea I got a feather in my hair and it is fabulous" ha ha.

• Its out of the ordinary and would certainly get you noticed, whether it would be good or bad attention I cannot tell.

I've seen the flower apparel being worn from time to time, but I can't say I've ever seen a feather.

I'm sure most guys wouldn't think twice about it - it's not a big deal.

• Yes I think it is a great idea. Don't forget your bow and arrows though and make sure to practice your howl.

• lmao I was gonna say something along those lines! Go for it girl :)

• Silly.

• Silly..you asked!

• I wouldn't wear a feather just because it almost seems like you are copying your friend who wears a flower in her hair almost everyday. Find something else and make it your own. That way you won't seem like just a clone of your friend.

• Id think it be cute and the most attractive thing about it would be that your doing something unique or different. Don't know what it is, but I find chicks that wear unusual things in there hair or on there body attractive :/

• depense on who's looking. but if you put it on a green hat and wear it then I'd think you were cute

• A feather would be silly but a flower might not be silly.

• wear it with confidence and you'll be golden

• It depends what it looks like. If it looks good, then go for it, if not then don't do it just for the sake of it.

• do you booboo

• Honestly seems a little hit-or-miss...

• what kind of feather? My friend has a big one that sort of acts as a headband. Those are pretty cool.

• Have to see it. Try it show a pic, then I can give you my verdict.

• i don't think a feather is cool you might offend indian people as the men only wear a feather if they have reached a certain level in their tribe. I think you would look cute with a little lilly flower on your hair:)

• Feathers are lej, if you wanna do it do it. I'm making a tie-on head dress style thing at the minute made out of old ripped up silk scarves and bandanas that I never wear anymore. =]

• it'd be adorable!

• I think I would find it very cute! Go ahead and try it!

• Why not both at the same time?

• cute and brave, which is then also hot ; )

• I'd have to say silly, but maybe a flower would look cute.

• Haha go for it! Bet it would look cute, but don't make it like a running gag or something.

• Personally, I would find it cute. Go for it!

• Try wearing something along the lines of a fedora with a feather, you can probably pull that off-

• find a colored one

• The answers are many, plenty even but mine is the best way better than the rest so here's the best answer ... because I am a dancer?

Yeah I can't rhyme and was bored

• Are you a chicken head? Sorry I could not resist.

• silly as you can get.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 25

• hahaha...I have so many feather like vintage hair bands and I love them all and wear them, I honestly don't care what anyone thinks - I like them but then again I live in a jaded state full of jerks but I still don't care what anyone thinks! You like them go for it plus the 60s are coming back...even though I can not stand when everyone wears the same thing as me but oh well!

• If you buy feather extensions that you clip in your hair, they can look cute link just look at this site its great! link

• Wait like feather hair exstention cause in Cali these are popular. link But if you mean a feather ( literally ) Go for it ! Try something new! Mix up you're style!

• I think your friend would think you were jocking her steeze without trying to look like you were, so maybe don't wear it to often or you should go with crazy headbands, lots of headbands have feathers. That way if she says anything as girls always do, you can say wtf it's a headband and it even has feathers NOT flowers. :)

• Btw I love to wear crazy head stuff, and it never fails lots of people love it. But I also have really curly hair so it may look different on my hair... Idk

• omg if it's a peacock feather that would look adorable and even more if your hair is blondish, a feather would look good I'd think of it as classy.

• it's cute, just don't overdo it.

I suggest keeping it for special occasions and parties rather than an everyday thing (one of the reasons being that it'll loose it's "spark")

But wear it every once in a while, it would look really cute on you (according to your pic). Make sure you have the right hair-do though :)

• Just think, that feather could have come from some bird's ass.

• feathers are awesome.

i always wear something in my hair, and always alternate between feathers and flowers..

feathers are super cool if you wear them to tie up a little piece of hair, or to move it out of your face.. like just on the side/back of your head.

• i think it would be silly but also I'm thinking you could pull it off(:

• i would personally think it's silly but yet again...some people can make silly things look hot and cute!...So maybe you wld make it look awesome!...

• its really stylish right now. lots of girls wear these long slender feathers that you bead into your hair. you can google it to see pictures. my sister has them. she ordered them on the internet. you can go to a beauty salon and get them put in, but it is much more expensive. I would send you a link, but I don't know how:/

• Flower yes, feather silly.

• Cute. It especially looks nice in dark hair.

• Kinda creepy. Reminds me of bird diseases...

• Silly

• they have these supper thin and really long feathers that get put attached to your hair like an extension, there really cute if you get one or two in a cool color

• Do it if you want, it's actually pretty common where I live t(hey do feather hair extentions at some salon nearby) so, it's actually been done before. I personally think it's cool.

• get feather extensions so cute

• maybe kinda silly, what kinda feather is it?

• I vote no, but who knows it could look cute. I can't picture it

• I think they're cute. One of my friends has one

• Depends how you wear it I guess. Style is a personal thing so if you can pull it off then do it.

• I think it would look cute depending on how you style it.. Don't go over the top like Carrie in Sex in the City.. When she was getting married

• If you're talking about wearing a random feather that you have, I think that sounds pretty silly. But I think if it is a clean, styled feather that you bought somewhere, or if you made your feather actually LOOK like it's suppose to be a hairpiece, that it would be really cute(:

• it can be cute, but be careful, it can easily look horrible