Cute and adorable v. hot and sexy. what's the difference, guys?

whenever guys comment on my looks they call me cute and adorable, sometimes pretty. when they comment on my friend's looks they call them hot and sexy, sometimes stunning.

all my friends straighten their hair, but I leave mine wavy because it's natural. they wear heels and skirts more often than me. I wear them sometimes but I like jeans and sneakers more. they wear lots of makeup and I only wear a little bit. my friends aren't sluts but they've all slept with a handful of guys. I've only slept with one, my ex-boyfriend of 2 years.

Most Helpful Guy

• You pretty much answered your own question. Cute/Adorable means you're good looking, but in a more casual, less sexual way. You wear jeans, sneakers, and don't wear much makeup, that's cute.

Your friends wear skirts, heels, more makeup, so they exert their looks in a more sexual matter, so they are seen as hot.

It gets a little complicated from there. Some guys prefer the hot girl because they look sexy, other guys hate that kind of high maintenance girl and prefers someone more cute.

I will say this though, a guy may want to have fun with the hot girl, but he'll feel more comfortable bringing the cute girl home to meet mom.

What Guys Said 2

• I would say cute is a girl you want to be with, sleep with and cuddle after. Hot and sexy is a girl you want to have a made night with but not looking much past that.

• "my friends aren't sluts but they've all slept with a handful of guys" seems like a contradiction

Imo Sexy vs cute = I want to f*** you vs I can see myself dating you.

Lots of make up is for clowns and clowns in high heels don't seem that sexy...just saying

What Girls Said 2

• cute and adorable fall in the same category meaning "oh she's not ugly,shes maybe a 5,6 or 7 out of 10.Hot/sexy means very attractive most likely a 7,8 out of 10 and a way better compliment than cute/adorable.If someone says your beautiful/georgous then your basically a 9 or 10 out of 10 which is the most meaningful and best compliment to say out of hot/sexy,cute or adorable.

• girl, you have to be happy with that. you are a serious type of girl who's into a long-term relationship :) they see you as a respectable woman unlike others :)) I envy you :)))