Dating someone unattractive?

how many of you would date someone you weren't attracted to. many people say its what's on the inside that counts. OK what if their everything you want in a person but their not what you call attractive would you still date them? why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Short-answer? No I wouldn't. I know there are people who would be open to the idea of it, or maybe even LOOK for those types of situations. But to me, I like knowing my potential spouse is attractive.. It tells me right from the bat about their health / sex life / etc.. And my final debate, is that there are 6.4 billion people in this world -> if you were to get out of the house and meet 2 new people a day, you'd find an attractive, single, potential spouse, that would be "Everything you want."

~ ArtistBBoy

What Guys Said 10

• Nobody dates someone they're not attracted too. But people's definition of "attraction" differs. Guys are more visually-based, so we tend to judge attractiveness based on looks. Women's attraction is mostly tied to personality and how the guy carries himself. This is why you see gorgeous looking girls with average or ugly dudes...because they're attracted to that guy's confidence. Not to say that looks don't factor in with girls, its just not as visual as guys.

• No I wouldn't.

But, time does funny things to people. I used to find people attractive that I don't any more. But the same stands, I wouldn't date them now.

Physical attraction is what's needed to start a relationship, personality is what's needed to keep it going.

• I personally wouldn't. There has to be some attraction there.

• Yes.

Because I'm not shallow.

• If they are not attracted what so ever, then I wouldnt. Looks are important to everyone. Were human and to me, they have to be attracted because I can't be attracted to an ugly girl but has a good personality.

Those are the girls that end up as my friends/best friends.

• honestly? don't think so...

1. there's a level of expectation from your friends.

2. you can't like someone you're not attracted 2 (would you date say... someone who gets bullied?, probably not...)

• No. Sex appeal is a part of liking someone. No that doesn't mean sex is important I mean wanting to see them is important. If you like their personality but think you're looking at a pile of dog sh*t then what's the point?

• 9/10 blokes said no.

2/2 girls said yes.

There is hope for me yet!

• I'd do that when I'm just looking to score some easy sex, but it would be unfair for both of us otherwise

• There has to be physical attraction for it to be a real relationship otherwise your pretty much just friends

What Girls Said 3

• no way. looks are very important. why would I date someone who I couldn't even picture myself being "physical" with. looks get you in the door, your personality keeps you there.

• i would. his awesome personality traits would make him hot in my eyes.

• i would because they can grow on you