Why do girls like to wear flip flops so much?

It's unclassy and sometimes they just look so sweaty, stinky, and nasty. Why would you wear something like that? Sweaty, stinky, and yuck? Bleh.

And I find it funny how girls spend so much money making their sweaty feet look "pretty" but it still doesn't take away from the fact that they're takign their feet out and whiping their sweat all over the floor GROSS.
Girls are supposed to be class, not look like white trash!
Those who don't believe me, 7 out of 10 girls walk around with flip flops like these... link
Fine you can say your opinion I won't interrupt.
Girls deny that they get sweaty feet... You don't believe me, then seriously smell your frickin flops that you wear all day! Then tell us!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I'll agree that flip flops don't look classy at all, and they make a horrible sound when you walk with them. But your feet are actually way less likely to smell with flip flops than if they've been trapped inside your socks and shoes on a hot summer day. They're nice to wear when it's really hot out and you want your feet to breath. And when I wear them I usually get the kind with the dark bottoms so they don't look all dirty and gross. Like these: link

• They don't stink? Obviously not as badly as shoes but come on they look like they would...

• Show Older
    • The sole.

• Haha yeah all girls who don't think my phobia is rational...wear you flip flops all day tomorrow and smell them and get back to us. LOL

What Girls Said 128

• they are comfty

• Flip flops are disgusting and they are very bad for your feet. I don't know why anyone wears them, not just girls. Plus I live in a city, and see people wearing flip flops all the time in the summer. I don't understand it, because the city is so fucking dirty your feet will turn black from the dirt. Especially if you ride the subway.

• I don't sweat in my flip flips,i wear them all the time if I'm going to the beach or if its really hot outside

• They're very comfortable.

• The only time I wear flip flops is around the house and after I've gotten out of the shower. I never wear them in public.

• Thank you! Guys appreciate a classy girl...

• Show Older
    • take a trip?

• Hey.. How's Mayor Menino? Outta the hospital? :p

• Seriously? Wow. They can be cute...It depends on how you wear them.

• Because they feel so comfortable and are so easy to wear and take off. When it`s pretty warm outside you can wear them or at the beach. No need to criticize, everyone likes wearing different things on their feet. At the end of the day, it`s their feet, they can wear whatever they like. Shoes make your feet more sweaty and stinky by the way as do trainers.

• I've not worn flip-flops for years :) I always trip over when I wear them, and that, along with my uncoordination make a dangerous package so I just never wear them XD I don't see what's particularly wrong with others wearing them though :) If they like wearing them then they like wearing them I suppose :D

• so are sandals ok?

• bc their comfy and I wash mine

• i agree with you COMPLETELY

• I prefer flip-flops over regular shoes in the summertime simply because they are light-weight, easy to just slip on and run to wherever I need to go, and airy. Why would I want to wear a full sneaker when its extremely hot outside?!However, I have noticed some girls wearing completely dirty flip-flops but not ALL are like this. I always keep mine cleaned off...i've also never had an issue with them smelling..ever. 0_o

• i like your picture,i have that one as well xD

• Show Older
    • Actually I have smelled one before that was just laying outside a chicks room. The thong area smelled like feet...

• So I assume she didn't take the time to ever clean them? I don't see flip flops being a "bad thing" as long as you keep them clean like should be.

• A lot of guys wear flip flops too.

• haha so we can feel comfortable!

• only slobs have flip flops that look like those. most girls have nice flip flops. I know I do! and flip flops can be cute. AND they aren't stinky or sweaty or smelly. theyre comfortable and easy to put on. they only are smelly if you have naturally smelly feet...but then any shoes you wear are smelly so... :/

• I will wear them when I go swimming, there easy. And sadly they do get dirty.

• hahaha nothing wrong with that

• I feel that my flip flops are often far cleaner than my shoes. Sure, there might be a little dirt in there, but since when did a little dirt on one's feet kill someone?In contrast, feet trapped in shoes smell more than flip flop ones. This is because all the sweat/dirt/etc gets trapped and builds up in there. They smell. They take more work to keep from smelling badly. Flip flips may get dirt prints, but they don't smell like shoes, there's probably dirt prints in many shoes out there too, you just don't see them. Most flip flops only last a season, so they don't get the years of build up. All I need to do to clean my flip flops off is walk through a mostly water puddle. Or a hose. Or a lake or river. Or rains. BAM! clean feet and flip flops. Do any of this in shoes and your feet are worse of than before.Also, flip flops will never wear the skin off of the backs of my heals or toes.There are less socks to put through the laundry at the end of the day.Any fancy polish work to my toes gets to be shown off.They're easy to throw on and off, into a bag, carry around etc.They're cheap, and easy to match to anything casual.In short: they're versitle, comfy, affordable, and probs cleaner than shoes. Despite what you seem to think.Whatever, haters gonna hate.Or you've got a fear of feet.Or maybe you should look up from the ground once in a while. Or if you really just don't want to see feet, I'd really like to see some people walk around with bags over their heads 'cause I don't wanna see that either. But you ain't gonna see me complaining about it.

• I hate flip flops. I wear them to the beach, that's it.

• They're convenient..and beee tee double u, your picture that you showed us was of cheap old navy flip flops that are only a dollar, of course they would have ugly feet shiz on them.

• Yey, a guy that's being honest about what girls shouldn't wear. I love it! I agree those things should only be worn when your going to the beach. Not to work , going to the mall or everyday wear. It doesn't matter how hot it is, or how many colors you have them in. I especially hate it when girls/women wear them to work. Shit, why not just wear your DAMN slippers, ugh.

• Finally a girl that agrees with me! Girls deny that they get all nasty and sweaty looking like the ones above, but I've seen so many girls walk around with nasty flip flops like that (see above picture).

• Oh nice, since we have a girl here actually listening to what guys think about what girls wear, here's a big one: Baggy, gangster-looking clothes. What makes a woman a woman is her curves (at least to us men), even the thick ladies have curves but I see so many women wearing all this nasty baggy clothing, they look like dudes! Granted, I'm loving the skinny jeans fad, that is spot on! I remember a girl I liked who was beautiful... she came to class with a backwards cap and sweats... bleh

• because they are so easy, no socks required, no laces to tie, no straps to buckle, you can slip them on as you run out the door. flats are nice for this reason too, but flip flops are more comfortable then flats

• because if we wear sneakers guys think we don't care or don't like looking nice, it's getting a little too warm to wear boots, heels all the time are not good for your feet and hurts and leaves blisters, in the warmer months flip flops are nice and cool for the feet and are easy. I guess us girls can never win haha

• You can win, so long as guys don't have some ridiculous aversion to feet. There's nothing wrong with a girl wearing flip flops.

• Show Older
    • well I personally agree with this questionand we can win... JUST WEAR FLATS!they're stylish and cute and you can still get some that won't make your feet smelly and stinky!

• 're right I support all the criticism and critical girls and men have more defects are cute girls in flip flops I like very much for showing their cute feet and more if they are cute and well kept almost all the girls have feet cute and delicate woman is beautiful from head to toe and everything falls and men are not perfect and I am one know.

• Holy fuck those flip flops were gross! Personally I rarely see women wearing gross flip flops. I have a collection of like ten sets of flip flops and sandals and if they get dirty, I wash them. My feet only sweat when I'm wearing close toed shoes, which is why I dislike closed toed shoes.
    Meet cleaner girls.
    And don't call anyone white trash bc of a clothing choice you jerk

• their comfortable. having your feet in sneakers or heels the shoes get like that and get sweaty too. so what is the problem with that.the one thing I don't get is why some pple wear flip flops in the dead of winter? lol

• Someone has a foot phobia! I'll wear flip flops in hot weather if I want to, and I'll make my feet look pretty if I want to! Why do some men wear sandals and socks? Now THAT is a better question!

• I can't drive to work in my work boots.

• Show Older
    • you know when I was a kid I kinda had a foot phobia and it turned into a foot fetish. I guess mr. anonymous doesn't know what it is in for...

• Why did you comment then Shaun, if it's so lame!?

• The only time I ever wore flipflops are on the beach. Otherwise, No! lol

• wear them more often don't be afraid to show what you have :)

• lol I don't really like them. But I love myy feet, I'm not affraid.

• who has feet like that? I take care of mine when I do wear flipflops. Don't be all like people that wear flipflops are white trash that pisses me off when people say that. Living in florida its sometimes too godly hot to wear shoes

• then don't look at feet gosh that settles your problem

• It's hard not to when girls are always sliding their sweaty feet in and out. Quit wearing the stupid things.

• who takes them off in public that is gross. I hate feet to the most extreme but seriously don't look at them.

• why are you staring at her feet instead of her t*ts?

• sexy feet are sexy and they show can't see t*ts through a shirt ... duh.

• Flip flips are the best!! They're so much more freeing and comfortable than other shoes. They make your legs look longer by not cutting you off at your ankles and it helps to make sure your feet are tan in the summer. Your feet would get super sweaty if you wore socks and shoes all summer in the heat! They're also really easy when you're in a hurry to leave you can just slip them on and kick them off when you want and they go with pretty much anything.

• Haha I don't just because my feet look bad in them. I prefer ballet flats :)

• Show More

What Guys Said 39

• Because it's about form follows function. You wear flip flops to a place where you plan on kicking off your shoes once you get there, like the pool or beach.

• well I have a foot fetish and I love it when girls wear flip-flops

• You should join my crusade against red leather boots instead, those are more annoying than flipflops. I have no problem with flipflops.

• red leather boots? those are fashion disasters !

• That's exactly what I mean.

• How can you not like a girl in flip flops with shorts showing off their sexy legs or girls in bikinis at the pool with flip flops? I think it's sexy! :D

• Maybe they like the 'flip, flop' noise they make?

• Personally, for me, pretty, clean & manicured feet in flip-flops coupled with thin anklets are the sexiest sight on earth. Besides, feet in flip-flops are far less stinkier than those in full or partially closed shoes.

• Thank you all. I am flattered to see 9 "likes" and I am excited that people who think like me exist. :)

• lol this dude successfully trolled 100 people...

• I pretty much always wear flip flops if I'm not working.

• Doesn't bother me if they do. Nothing wrong with being casual on a hot summer day. It's not like they're gonna wear them on their wedding day or anything

• they sell flip flops in other stores..not just white trash stores.

• maybe they want to show off their painted toe nails?

• Alot of what your saying here can be summed up with when you said: "But feet are nasty and they are sweaty and unclassy!"To me, it seems like you have a problem with feet in general first off...the opposite of a foot fetish. I guess a foot hatred, idk. Here in hot south Georgia everybody wears flip flops year round, guys and gals. And I actually like feet so I think they are sexy and cute. I like rubbing my girls feet when she gets off work and I happen to be at her house. And I have done that when they are sweaty/dirty etc. I just wash my hands when I'm done, no big deal. If I'm attracted to a girl and think she is beautiful, that means every part of her is beautiful to me. There is no such thing as an unsightly part of my girls body. Its all beautiful. And I will suck, lick, kiss, touch, any part of her from her head right down to her toes. Sorry if that's like nails on a chalkboard for you. Ha Ha.

• ya I'm pretty sure you're my dream guy! hahah

• Wow, people get really defensive about flip flops. That is a sad day. It's just flip flops people, love em or hate them, they're here to stay (at least for now). The OP has his own opinion and that's cool. Not sure why people are getting so inflamed and calling him a troll, but to each their own.

• Thanks for defending me man.

• Yeah flip flops are overdone these days. I agree with you and that most girls seem to be wearing some nasty ones as you said. Although I think they don't look all that bad, granted they have a decent looking pair.

• Hmmm legit question. All things aside to me its like nails on a chalkboard when I hear that maddening sound flippity flopping around. But I think it depends on the person. Some people actually give a damn and take proper care of their feet and flip flops. Others have crusty crocodile skin, odor, sweat, and visible dirt. yeah I feel you. Generally people wear them to prevent odor and sweat, and to be comfortable. But uh it can get out of hand in terms of where people where them and how they wear them... makes my skin crawl just thinking about that.

• Cause guys are sweaty, stinky, and nasty. And the girls don't want to make us feel bad by looking SO much better than us..

• I'll have to disagree with you about flip flops on a girl unclassy because I see girls in the mall or in preppy places look absolutely fine. Every time I see a girls in flip flops I'm attracted to them and this is one of the reasons I like summer time.

• I don't know, but the slapping sound they make, truly pisses me off.

• I agree and they can be worn WITHOUT making any of those sounds. It's all in how the end user walks in them and they can do it. They are worn by just about everyone here in Florida and 95% don't go around with the thwacking, slapping or flip flop sound when walking in them. I wear them and I have NEVER made that sound, not ever, walking in them. Those that do, annoy the hell out of me too!

• hi I'm a virgin. thank you.

• I am a guy and I wear flip flops bahahaha :).. get over yourself my friend.. open your eyes and live your life instead of worying about unneccessary sh*t like this.

• Because they have sweaty feet and want to get some air to them to stop them sweating and thus smelling vile...

• FU dude, if you don't like women wearing flip flops, you shouldn't either. It's people like you who pollute beauty sex and romance with your odd theories. Forgive me but are you gay? Because as a guy, I have gay friends who say odd things like you do and I look at them a wonder about them and "their lifestyle" as well.If there is a chick in particular that is offending you, bring it to her attention, you will be doing her and yourself favor. Don't cry about it to the world because you 're just going to get negative answers feel even more low than your already are now.

• That thwacking or flip flop sound is completely avoidable! I wear them from time to time and I have NEVER made that sound walking in them. Some people do this just to be annoying in my own personal opinion. As I have seen many folks, both girls and guys wear them WITHOUT making ANY NOISE, so it can be done if the wearer of said flip flops doesn't want to make that gad awful annoying sound.Also don't bother to come to my state, Florida, as flip flops are very common in my area, so if you really hate flip flops as bad as you claim, then please don't come to Florida, as these are pretty much the normal shoes all year long here! And yes, even in our Winter months when it may drop occasionally to below freezing for a day or two or in 48-55 degree weather folks are still wearing flip flops here in Florida!So Florida would definitely have you climbing the walls with just about every person wearing flip flops here.

• Oh and I do agree with the one anonymous poster about flip flops should NOT be worn at work or at upscale restaurants. I too believe that to be an unprofessional look and just out of place in a fine dining establishment. And many restaurants here that are upscale have signs on their doors, NO FLIP FLOPS and they will turn you away if you're wearing them, doesn't matter how classy you think they look, these restaurants WILL NOT SEAT or SERVE YOU if you come to them in any type of Flip Flop!

• They're comfortable... :\

• Dude. If feet bother you that much-don't look at them.

• Flip flops are extremely comfortable and there's nothing less classy about them than sneakers. Sure feet sweat, but they do it a lot less in sandals than in shoes. Just because you have some phobia of feet doesn't mean other people shouldn't dress how they like.

• Haha, you're kinda right in a way... but I still think flip-flops look nice on girls and it's their choice. No one says anything about a guy who wears sweaty and dirty sandals, so who should care if a girl wanted to do it?

• why do girls like to wear makeup when they look great without it

• Because some don't. :/

• Actually, they do, they just convince themselves that they don't because they grow up seeing irrealistic ideals of "perfection" that they can't keep up to as a standard, but in reality, they'd all be beautiful already even if they didn't put all that crap on their face. In fact, I am always bothered by eyeshadow and mascara. It is a turn off, it scares me, I find it unattractive, it's just plain bad.

• oh thank god someone agrees with me, nice to meet you meson

• I agree.

• first off. I'm a guy who likes to wear them. I find them comfortable so I wear them, regardless of how they look. I shouldn't care what you think of it and I simply dont. so don't insult me as a guy who wears themsecond off. girls who wear them do it for the exact same reason I do it. because theyre comfortable to them. regardless of what you think of them, so don't criticize what they wear, THEY WONT LIKE YOU. while I myself prefer women who wear heels. sandels and flip flops are just as good, I mean think about it, girls at the beach in bikinis wearing flip flops/sandels. it really can't get any better than that (other than heels heels with a bikini)

• This question and your answer remind me of the whole sweatpants in public thing. Some guys think they're cute, while others like yourself don't. The QA doesn't like flip flops, but you do. Personally, I wear sweatpants to the library all the time, but I don't like flip flops. We all have our thing. On an unrelated note, is your picture denoting you as a coke head?

• Show Older
    • Honestly, I died laughing at "other than heels with a bikini".. You got a thumbs up for that one, and your answer is dead on correct.

• haha. yeah

• Show More