Disapproval of sweatpants?

One day my boyfriend before I left for his house told me not to wear sweatpants because it's disrespectful to his mom. Is this true? Wouldn't it be disrespectful to tell me not to wear the just to his house?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like a mamma's boy to me. Next time you go to his house wear a nice dress, but before you go cut a big round hole in the back of it, and don't wear any underwear. See what mommy thinks of that.

What Guys Said 3

• sounds pretty douchey to me.

• that's what I said :/

• He's just trying to keep two women happy. Cut the guy some slack.

• this is tough but, I gotta agree with you here. I mean its not like your out in public (which I strongly dissapprove of) your just at his house, why should that be such a problem for her. the only thing I could think of is she's religious or w/e

What Girls Said 3

• Sounds like some sort of cultural thing. I would say go ahead and avoid the sweatpants if you're going to his house or seeing him mom, but other than that just wear them when you want.

If it's only this and a couple other things that are a bit odd, I'd say it's OK. But if everything is all about his mom all the time and all the things you have to do to keep her happy, then you gotta draw the line somewhere.

• is his mum religious at all? I know in some religions wearing things like trackies (sweatpants) are disrespectful because they're not "nice" per se...

• Their polish, his mom is just really strict. He's 18 and like never allowed out really!

• sounds like she's pretty old fashioned..

and I guess his mum maybe never wore trackies and doesn't like the thought of modern stuff.

it is silly though..

• Why don't you just ask her? I'm sure you both would feel better, then she wouldn't feel 'disrespected' in anyway. (if she even is).