I hate eye contact!?

i only really noticed it recently but when I'm talking to people I never look in their eyes... I don't know why it just really scares me! I thought that maybe no one else noticed it but asked a few friends and quickly found out that they all said they noticed it and thought it was weird... so I was wondering what would you think if a guy never looked you in the eye when talking to you? should I try and change that?

Most Helpful Girl

• I do that too, without even realizing. It's actually really annoying because people think I don't like them because of it. Saying that, it would probably help you to try and improve on it, although I'm not sure how. It serves as a whole other non-verbal communication technique, which is very helpful. It also really shows that you're listening, and I think everyone likes to be heard. To try and improve, the only help I could give you would be to keep in mind your "faulty" eye contact situation so when you are talking to someone next, you'll remember to look them in the eye and after awhile I would think it would become a habit. Anyway, lots of luck :)

Also, if you find anything that helps, would you mind telling me?

• yeah I been tryin a little bit and it feels awkward but I'm doin better lol noticed I was lookin in their eyes more I guess I gotta just keep a constant effort lol VIGILANCE IS KEY!

• Haha okay, I'll keep that in mind.

• yay! someones taking my advice?! I think that's a first =P

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah, you might want to work on that. Eye contact is important in non-verbal communication, and lack of eye contact can send messages you might not intend to send.

• yeah I was kinda worried about that but I don't wanna go overboard now and like creep people out when lookin in their eyes what's a good medium?

• Well, it's hard to describe. Pay attention to other people's eye contact and take their cues until you get a better feel for what's normal, you know?

• yeah I kinda notice now like my girl whenever I do look at her shell do this little eye thing iif she wants to kiss lol so I'm startin to pick up on it =P ima fast learner

• I think that when you talk to a girl and don't have eye contact it makes her or the person think that your too shy and don't have the gut to look in the eyes or it also shows that your no listening to what he\she has to say. I think if you do try and look at the person once or twice during conversation the person will know that you are interested in the conversation and that you're paying attention to him\her.

• yeah I was extremely shy as a kid and am not anymore but I was thinkin it mightve carried over from then...

• hahhah because I never read it I though it was lame and boring srru just me and yeah the rest were amazing lol

• no the anime was awful maga was cool though ='( sasuke was so cool!

• I would grab your face and kiss you...lol...

this sort of reminds me of my cat...he's really fat and he hides behind this little tiny ball and he thinks no one can see him...but it's funny cause his big ass is right fuxsing there...

but yeah I would just kiss you really fast...and see what you would do

• lol id prob sit there... then kiss you back we should try sometime =P

• start practicing by wearing shades and looking everyone in the eye that you walk past. then graduate to no glasses. Are you afraid of authority figures?

• haha crazy enough absolutely! my friends laugh about that to I was on a cruise and whenever the security came around I freaked out! why do you ask?

• umm... I don't know I mean maybe I just like hate cops and erything... they freak me out...

• maybe your just afaid f getting in trouble. a little bit of advice if you freak out when ever you see a cop your gonna look suspicious and they will have the right to search you. so if your not doing anything ilegal then there is no need to freak. they're people just like you and are only doing their jobs.

• I hate it too, but am working on it. I totally blew an interview because I didn't make eye contact.

What Guys Said 3

• Boy howdy! You should change it like a pair of month-old underwear. Do whatever it takes, but ALWAYS look anyone you're talking to right square in the eyes. It will make a huge difference in your life.

• If you met me in person, you'd melt because I stare people right in the eyes and don't look away until they're done talking lol. Unless they have a weird eye twitch (which makes my eyes water), or if they are crazy gorgeous ladies in which case I need to look away so my brain doesn't shut down.

• haha well that wouldn't bug me to much because I would break eye contact with you and be like looking at your shirt or at the wall while I'm talkin to you...

• "Hey! Look at me, boi!"

• oh OK sir.. *looks back down*

• Think STARE DOWN