Is a tan such a big deal?

I've seen lots of questions about girls stressing that they are too pale or need to have a tan for summer etc... Personally I'm pale like Dita von teese excpt my face is more a healthy looking pale, I have dark hair like dita's and I have green eyes but it's not like I never go outside it's just that my skin just doesn't tan very much and I don't burn easily. A few of my close friends make a big deal out of me being pale they act like there is something wrong with me for not really caring for a tan. Guys and Girls what is your opinion on tans?

Most Helpful Guy

• Once I was the odd guy because I've always loved girls with dark hair and light or pale skin. That's why I liked goth girls for a long time, not that I'm into goth its self or anything, I'm not, but they, the goth girls, back when everyone else was burning their skin off, I think maybe they the goth girls were the first to catch on not tanning and all. You can't touch that look and I'm am so gland the natural look finally caught on.

What Guys Said 5

• I like pale girls. A tan doesn't really do it for me, for whatever reason.

• i don't like them, and they're bad for you.

they give you wrinkles and may cause skin cancer.

• For a lot of people it is, I don't know why. I don't like natural tan, myself.

• fake tans look awful.

Pale girls can have the most beautiful skin if they don't have acne.

• Pale>Tan.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm super pale, and pretty much everyone tells me I need a tan. I used to stress about it and spray tan often, but I've stopped now. It wasn't a good look for me.

I just try to spend some time outside (with sunscreen, of course) and I use a gradual tanning lotion for just a little glow.

• I feel the same way you do. I take good care of my skin and I like it how it is: Pale and healthy.

• As long as you're pale, you can't EVER look trashy-- it's basically a law. I love my pale skin. I look classy, no matter what I wear. And I feel like a goddess.

And NO SKIN CANCER. Embrace that sh*t.

• i don't care for tanning either. but I don't really care what other people do I'm not going to judge them for it or anything

• I'm pale, but sometimes I wish I was a bit tanner. Cause I'm hispanic, and my whole family is tan.. Its like, what happened with me? I look like the sore thumb out of my family -__-"