Only going for their looks. Can someone explain to me why?

you meet someone and you've only known them for less than a month and you get together as boyfriend and gf? like in my mind I don't understand how that's possible..like you don't know them..at all really and you're dating? its like you're only going for their looks..

i would never date a guy I didn't find attractive...my point is there's more to a relationship or dating than looks...personality matters and imo I just feel its right to get to know the person you're going to consider your girlfriend or boyfriend before getting together...if you've only known each other for two weeks going on a date is cool but getting "together" I just feel is too soon when you don't really know them

Most Helpful Girl

• My current boyfriend and I became "official" after about a month and a half, yes it was rather sudden but that's the fun part of relationships right? Neither of you are sure that you're a perfect match but you feel a spark and give it a shot anyway. Also, you have to take into consideration the fact that you can "know" someone for years but never really know them, it's just about the quality of the time spent together and every once in a while you'll meet someone that you're very compatible with, so much so that you feel it's worth it to jump into a relationship quickly, because you just can't help it, the chemistry is just overpowering and you don't want to risk losing them because of a social more that you forced yourself to follow.

What Guys Said 2

• Well all relationships have to have some sort of physical attraction. Some more than others. Sometimes people just hit it off right away and there's no point in wasting time if you can tell you're going to be good together. It's also fine if you get to know each other first. There's no wrong way to do it, just different ways.

• Most relationships are based on looks

What Girls Said 5

• Me and my boyfriend consider the first day we meet our anniversary. We just clicked and stayed up talking till 6 am. From that point on we were dating. But we weren't girlfriend and boyfriend until about 4 months later when I realized that in conversations with others I had stopped calling him "the guy I'm dating" and started to call him "my boyfriend". I talked to him about it and we decided to adopt the titles. Honestly though neither of us ever asked the other out. That being said. He is hot! In my eyes anyhow. I love him for his personality though.

• How else are you supposed to get to know someone you like? That's why there's a difference (imo) between "we're dating" and "we're in a relationship". Dating is nothing more than two people who are attracted to each other spending time together. It's like friendship only it's leading to something more...a relationship.

• My boyfriend and myself got to know each other for a year before we started dating, we were best friends first

• You're dating to get to know each other better. And it's supposed to start with looks...you shouldn't date someone you're not attracted to..

• Life is short, and coeds are horny. Yes, it's based on looks, so you take a chance and go out with that cutie. If it doesn't work, you can always break up. Isn't worth a try though?