What are girls supposed to wear to a dive bar?

I have a date this weekend and I suggested a local dive bar.. I've never been there but I heard it was pretty rad. But I'm new to this whole 21 thing so I'm not sure what to wear.. I'm not very fashion savvy my daily style is jeans t shirt shoes or sandals mascara and that's about it.. gotta keep up with my kid. Anyway I'm so confused on what to wear! Outfit,hair, make up, shoes! Ahh! Any advice is greatly appreciated:)

Sorry its so long! I just wanted to be thorough!

Most Helpful Guy

• For a dive bar, t-shirt, jeans and shoes are pretty much par for the course. I don't recommend sandals, as shoes offer a little more protection. If you want to, you can always dress up a little and be the classy girl in the place, but I wouldn't go overboard. Remember the people who are there; you've got frat boys who are partying their butts off for cheap, locals who just want a drink after a hard day at work, guys like me and my Brothers in our leather jackets, as well as folks who've been there since it opened at 11 am. If you just do that little bit of dressing up, you'll stand out in a good way without standing out in a bad way.

What Guys Said 1

• the only problem I have with this is that you shouldn't do a first date at something where your not comfortable with. you mentioned your just newly 21 (im 22 and have now had a years worth of legal drinking). the last thing you want to do is go ao to bar for a date. if your a big drinker, you might make a bad impression on your date. better to go for coffee, as lame as it sounds. that's just me though

What Girls Said 1

• Don't try to be something you are not. You want your date to get to know you and the way you dress is a way of expressing who "you" are. So just pick something you feel confident, comfortable and beautiful in. Don't try too hard but don't go over the top if you understand what I mean. Less is more. Good luck.