How am I perceived?

I was just wondering if I could get some opinions from guys.

I am a 19 year old college student in upstate new York. I am 5’8 blonde hair blue eyes, clear skin and perfect teeth. I won’t lie, but at the same time don’t want to “toot my own horn” I am a very pretty girl, and often get told that I am gorgeous.

I would not say that I am fat, but I would not say that I am super thin, I am on the curvy side and probably wear a size 10 or 12 jeans, but I am really tall.

When I go out to bars and parties I usually stick with my friends and have a good time, if I see a cute guy I try to smile at lot and appear friendly.

I don’t dress very conservatively and certainly not slutty. I know I am a good person who is fun to be around and I often am told that I am too nice to people. But I come off a little shy…

Once I get talking I am totally fine and can flirt easily, but for whatever reason, guys will not approach me, and when guys are talking to my group of friends, they tend to ignore me and talk to the skinny kind of slutty looking girls.

So, now that you know all about me, what the hell is happening?

Why aren’t I getting any attention from guys? Is it because I am on the chubby side, or is it because I am kind of quiet? Or is it something else?

It makes me crazy that I go out and every other girl is getting tons of attention, but not me! BE HONEST GUYS, What is it? … I need to hear the truth.

i put a pic of myself on my profile

Most Helpful Girl

• I know exactly how you feel because its the same way for me. The best way I can figure it out is that these girls who dress really slutty do it for the attention, and 99% of guys give them that attention. All of their attention. So there's none left for girls like you and me. There is nothing wrong with you at all. Maybe try meeting guys somewhere more casual where those skanks aren't all over the place taking all of the attention. Or, at bars and parties, guys are usually drunk and they naturally gravitate to the ones they feel like they can get laid by the easiest so try somewhere not like that. (And I'm not speaking for all guys before you guys get offended, just some of the ones I see!)

What Guys Said 3

• Well without pics, we can't make a comment on your physical attributes. The fact that you're shy can hold you back, because girls that firt with guys make guys feel good and give them confidence. But it depends on where you are. If you're in a club and the guys are talking to your slutty friends, then its obvious what they're looking for.

• You are pretty:)

Maybe you are looking for the wrong kind of guy. Try to find someone who is interested in the same hobbies as you.

• Be more confident! That's all I can say.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm like you, really tall, 5'10"! athough I'm like a size 3, so I'm one-of-those-skinny-girls, but I don't get the attention from guys because I'm shy. I can't sit there and flirt non stop with guys, besides I don't want to, I find it pointless, I'd rather get to know a guy than play stupid little games. Bottom Line: find a guy that's just like you and walk by him, smile at him, and maybe you'll get the courage to talk to him.

• You look pretty! It might be that guys think you're too good for them so they're intimidated by you. Also I don't think you're on the chubby side.

I'm shy and I think shyness is a big challenge when meeting guys. Also you're more self-conscious and less other-conscious, people always tell me so-and-so probably likes you and you don't know it!

• I'm also on a shy side, so I begin knowing people by internet. Although something tells me I should develop confidence in myself and try real life more :)