Get more attention from guys when wearing makeup?

hey. I used to always wear a lot of makeup; winged eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow sometimes, rouge, bronzer...

I got compliments of how I look.

This week I've only worn a little mascara because I'm like... screw makeup I want more time to sleep in the mornings.

But to the point:

guys say they like when girls have no or little makeup, but the weird thing is guys look more at me and flirt when I wear makeup. I don't look ugly without, I just look ... whatever. Normal.

But do you guys even recognize when a girl is wearing makeup and when she isnt?

Most Helpful Girl

• When guys say they prefer the natural look - that doesn't mean they prefer a girl without make-up on, it just means they prefer a girl who LOOKS natural - i.e - isn't plastered in make-up, but isn't wearing none, or just mascara.

Make-up is best to enhance, at least for everyday wear. I mean, a guys first look at a girl isn't going to be is she wearing make-up or not? It's going to be, does she look good? I mean, I think most guys can tell when a girl has make-up on, but it isn't a huge issue unless it's obvious and way too much, or completely minimal and very little at all - all your flaws out there.

I personally think most girls look best with a little make-up on, some light foundation to fix flaws in the complexion, a bit of mascara, maybe some blush - natural looking - but enhanced and smoothing over our natural imperfections.

What Guys Said 3

• I totally notice like for the last month or so a girl in my class who used to where eye makeup everyday has started only doing it on somedays. I think she looks better with the make up but I guess it depends on the girl because another friend of mine never wears make up and I think she's gorgeous

• Just because guys looked at you more often when you wore a lot of makeup does not mean they liked the look. They looked at you because they were shocked/surprised at how much makeup you put on.

• yeah.. but I don't wear that much makeup!

• Maybe you feel less confident without your makeup? As such, give off a less approachable vibe. Or maybe, without noticing it, your taking less care of yourself, because your not concerning yourself with getting ready, now your not wearing makeup.

I always notice, but most guy wont.

What Girls Said 5

• guys say they like when girls have no or little makeup

guys want a girl who look beautiful without makeup not normal

why do you think the no makeup look is popular?

• when guys say they prefer girls to look natural, or with very little makeup on (surveys found), it didn't mean wearing extremely little makeup, it just meant wearing makeup that was subtle and suited the coloring of the females skin. ie no orange lipstick and bright blue eye shadow (1980,..lol). wear your mascara, liner, shadow, gloss, blush, bronzer and foundation, whatever just Don't Cake it ON!... :)

The guys were shown different pics of girls, both wearing the same amounts of makeup, just one was loud and in your face and the other with color tones to suit the model.

• Maybe they just got used to seeing you with make up on. :)

• My personal opinion is that makeup stands out more. If an average girl with a lot of makeup was standing next to a gorgeous girl with absolutely none, most people would look at the average girl first, because their eyes are drawn to it. Just because guys don't look at you doesn't mean you're not beautiful. :) And I think that NOT wearing makeup shows more confidence, because it means that you're happy with yourself just the way you are. :)

Just my thoughts. haha.

• Boys are stupid. Throw rocks at them!