Guys, your opinion on modest girls?

(I don't mean floor length-dresses, or potato sacks. lol) Just girls who dress kinda conservatively.

Would you be less or more likely to date (or just approach) a modestly dressed girl? Does it turn you off?

I dress fairly modestly, at least comparatively, and I was just wondering what guys thought of it.

Most Helpful Guy

• The girls that don't grab the attention with thier dress are always the girls who don't want to 'frab' the attention. The girls who go somewhat unnoticed compared to the 'flashy' girls around them are usually the girls you want to be noticing. Girls who dress modestly are more layed back, they have more pressing concerns than 'grabbing lads attention'... this is a turn on in itself, they're pleased and confident with themselves without making too much effort!

A girl who dresses like something from a 'revealing catwalk', flashy jewelery, fake tan, ridiculous heels is trying to lure the lads by how they look (actually what they're wearing) rather than thier natural beauty, if anything it just makes you think they're very vain, self-obsessed (superficial, high-maintainance) or lacking confidence (which in most cases you can tell anyway by thier attitude around lads, whether they seem nervous, shy etc... in this case I find it cute :) They're making an effort when perhaps they shouldn't have to, they just haven't met the right lad who'll accept her for herself rather than looking like a barbie)

A girl who's happy with herself in modest dress, is quite happy to stand back and let the dressy girls get all the attention GETS my attention because of her confidence and 'mystery'... she isn't displaying herself like everybody else... 'I wonder what she's like?'

The girls who dress modestly and COMPETE with the dressy girls, the modest girls who'll happily mingle in amongst the boys, flirt, talk in her more casual clothing gets my attention because her confidence is a turn on. She doesn't need to dress like the other girls and she still gets the attention, has character... 'I wonder what she's like?'

There are FAR to many girls who'll happily show whatever they can get away with (skirts, shorts that are as short as possible, tops that may aswell be a cloth tied around thier chest to cover thier t*ts) and after a while it becomes boring. Don't get me wrong when you see these girls in a club, had a few drinks, they look sexy, nature makes you look BUT if you turn your head you'll see another 3 of them within a few metres. All you think about when you see them is sex, that's what thier look makes you think. If you show flesh, the lads think about flesh! That's all you want from them,

Girls who don't 'display', are happy with themselves, are confident in thier manner... you honsetly begin to wonder what's hiding beneath thier modest dress, wonder about what type of person they are!

Modest girls - More intersting, my preference ''I wonder?''

Dressy girls - ''Mmmmm, you look nice, do you want a drink, are we getting a taxi back to my house?''

What Guys Said 9

• They're my preference. ie as you say, provided they aren't wearing a potato sack, women look sexy still, because for example, jeans always show off a girls figure anyhow. You'll probably get less, but a better standard of guy in general approaching you. Ones who appreciate your natural beauty, rather than those who have only one thing on their mind. Although it's impossible to generalise, because perfectly lovely women can wear somewhat skimpy clothes in England, generally though I'd get the impression that slutty dressy women are sluts, and that's a turn off.

• It's like a concealed weapon, I don't know what you're packing till I look really close...

• I would be more likley to be in a relationship a modest girl, I perceive them to be more Girlfriend material than a girl whos hardly got clothes on. I will approach both but my intentions are different depending on the girl, If I'm just looking to hook up I want a slut but a nice girl for a relationship. You can dress modest and still look good! :)

• For a shy guy like me, you'd probably be more likely to get approached because it wouldn't be as scary to approach you I guess.

• Obviously you would get more attention from guys if you don't dress conservatively, have you ever seen these girls that are decent looking not amazing but because she is wearing a short skirt or whatever all the guys stare at her. I would say a conservative look attracts more conservative guys, but a bad girl look attracts almost any guy, albeit, mostly in a sexual manner.

• I prefer those types of girls over the girls who show a lot of skin. I check those girls out (I'm trying to stop) but that's it. I wouldn't go up and talk to them because that's not what I'm looking for.

Being a guy, I see those girls as more of a serious relationship and not much of a casual relationship.

• I think they're best! Too non-conservative can look slutty or like the girl's trying to hard...

• Sure, I'd have no problem approaching a girl who's dressed conservatively. If I approach a girl, it's definitely not based on what she's wearing.

• Modest girls = win

What Girls Said 2

• I'm not a guy, but in your pics you look like you're dressed very cute. Just because you don't have your boobs showing or you're not wearing a micro mini doesn't mean you aren't sexy or attractive. In fact, a lot of those styles just look like they're trying too hard.

I think you have a good sense of style and it's not like you're spending life in a XXXL sweatsh*t - you have a nice figure that shows in your clothes. I'm sure guys would agree.

• I know guys who love modest girls