Do you think everyone has the ability to look attractive?

Do you think that anyone can be pretty? No matter what genes they have pretty much anyone can look attractive if they want to? Or do you believe that a lot of it is based on genes and you can't change your appearance that much?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think everybody has the ability to look attriactive but not everybody can reach the same level of attractiveness.

What Guys Said 5

• Not everyone can be pretty, BUT I think people can make themselves attractive. As I have said before, the homeliest woman I have ever worked with was physically fit; outdressed her female colleagues by a mile; had perfect makeup; always had a smile; was very capable at her job; and displayed self confidence without being egotistical. Everyone was happy to see her coming their way. The way she carried herself made her look better than she looked.

• Nope, some people will never be seen as attractive and that's just how it goes... Myself being a barely average guy, There won't be a day when everyone turns around and suddenly thinks I'm gorgeous

• No. Some people are just ugly, pure and simple. If some people are naturally beautiful. some people have to be naturally ugly. That's how it works.

• Truth... no

• have you ever seen the episode of "what I like about u" where val and lauren are fighting over the guy who was a hobo. originally he was guy with short hair and that 5 o clock shadow beard, tall dark and handsome, every womans dream. his wife kicked him out and he had no money so he was left with a box and his writings (hes an author) left over. val and lauren gave him a job at the diner as a dishwasher and they helped him clean up how he looked. he then went back to his wife because of their generosity (even though they were competing for him they just didn't know he was married, and by the way doesn't that mean women are attracted and will go after married men?) point of the story and the true moral is here that, anyone who WANTS to, can look good. some people just don't care what they look like. while that may sound like a bad thing, sometimes its OK to not care, it shows you can be yourself and not have to proove anything to anyone else.

hope I helped :)

• haha I just reread my answer aloud, I sound so majestic and powerful in this answer. that wasn't my intention but its w/e

What Girls Said 8

• Do you think that anyone can be pretty?

No but anyone can look average

No matter what genes they have pretty much anyone can look attractive if they want to?

Already average people can be attractive

Or do you believe that a lot of it is based on genes and you can't change your appearance that much?

Appearance can change a lot but ugly can be average, average can be attractive

• Everyone has the ability to be attractive because being attractive is more about attitude. For example a girl who walks with confidence, dresses in a nice way and wears a smile is attractive.A girl who knows how to wear her make up to make herself look attractive as well is an option. But not everyone has the ability to be pretty. This is based on genes. These are looks.

• Hence why I used attractive NOT pretty.

An ugly guy/girl can look average

Average can look attractive

Pretty is you're born with it or not

• yeah. I believe everyone has the ability to be pretty. take make up courses, get fit, eat healthy, go to counselling if you need it, work on the psychology to believe in yourself, believe that you have the potential to be pretty or handsome etc. I've seen girls who aren't as good looking as me, become way pretty with make up and just putting the clothes on.

• Yes, I think everyone has the ability too no matter what genes they may have, though I do believe it has a lot to do with them wanting to or not, for example a girl that has been called ugly all her life (which is sad) isn't going to put a lot of effort into her appearance because she thinks there's just no use. (whether that's hygiene, hair, makeup, clothes, confidence.. etc.) which average or attractive girls usually put some effort into. All those things all make someone attractive to other people in one way or another, especially at first glance.Considering someone to be attractive isn't just determined by physical attributes but personality as well.

• not everyone can be pretty...but everyone can look good. To look good, most people are fit or close to physicaly fit, they have nice flattering clothes (not expensive) and have a GOOD hair style...maybe a tough of makeup. That's all it takes to look good and who knows, you may be pretty but hiding it

• Everyone has the ability to be attractive, and everyone has the ability to be ugly, too.

Even the SUPER attractive people look ugly sometimes, and the so-called-ugly ones can be attractive. We all have our days.

• Yes it is possible for just about everyone with the help of plastic surgery. Excluding plastic surgery. no everyone does not have the ability to look attractive.

• unfortunatley, some people will look prettier than others its like they have a "head start" or unfair advantage...but everyone can look decent and make an effort. even the girls I've seen with unfortunate genes look alright if they make an effort (styled hair, swag, flattering makeup and clothes, and staying in shape). everyone won't be a 10 but if you try to look attractive you can look decent and for some guys, pass for being hot.

• No.

But there are certain people who with their talent make up for their 'unattractiveness', so, for example I'd say that David Beckam is very attractive to most women (not to me because he has a lady's voice...and is really just not that attractive) physically, but a guy who's not that 'pretty' can end up being the hottest guy you'll even meet. For example Chris Robinson is super hot...because he has talent, and style and charisma! Ah...so hot...