Does Underwear Really Matter?

OK, so I own a few "sexy" pieces of underwear and bras etc, but I'm wondering if it really makes that much different to a guy? I'm not talking horrible like granny panties or ratty old bras or anything but if a girl wore just average stuff... would it be a turn off? Does it make a difference? I'm all about feeling and looking sexy but it has been my experience that guys are usually just thrilled with the idea of having an almost-naked girl in front of him and that regardless of what I'm wearing, it's probably going to be on the floor in a matter of moments anyway so might as well buy the affordable not-quite-as-sexy stuff. Any thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Honey its just like Christmas ... if the guy hands you a present wrapped in newspaper.etc... what we really like is the whole Burlesque concept called a slow reveal... and that's subliminally the same thing you probably want... to feel special to feel like king... to know that you went out of your way to get all dolled up... and it doesn't have to be expensive ... we don't care... 5 for 25 at Victorias Secret I know I just took my girl there... and save the hardore lingerie for special ocassions... If you're ever with I guy who doesn't care about that stuff ...Run... He's either Gay (no problem there but not exactly convenient for you) or he's think only about his D*** and could care less what you like altogether other than the BS cool points he may get from his boys if your a knockout...

What Guys Said 9

• Depends on the guy. Some guys won't even notice.

It's not so much the actual underwear that's the turn-on (unless the guy has an underwear fetish), but the fact that you intentionally wore sexy underwear for him.

• To some guys it matters others not so much, its all based on preference. The only purpose to sexy lingerie is that it builds up for the moment to come. Making it all the more exciting and pleasurable for both sides.

But I can comfortably say that just a naked body for any male will do the trick...

• have at least one pair of sexy lingerie for special moments. but your right men love to see and almost naked girl.

• wouldn't make that much difference to me.

• Not a big deal. I'd prefer she wears what she's comfortable with.

• not really by that time I just wanta rip it all of anyways

• Eh not really. Most underwear is sexy without girls realizing it anyway.

• what do you mean?

• Like what you probably think is just average is probably hot. I love boy shorts and it's not very often for them to look plain, boring, or ugly.

• good to know :)

• You might find this unusual but I'm not overly thrilled with g strings and thongs and stuff. I don't mind if girls wear boy short or bikini underwear. Now can you tell my why do most girls prefer boxers or boxer briefs on guys?

• I don't think it's weird. I can't speak for all women but I personally prefer boxers on a guy because they are loser and therefore easier to mess around in, and I don't know they just seem more manly? I can't really pinpoint it. Some guys can pull of boxer briefs really well, but you have to have a good body for it. As for briefs nothing wrong with them but they are more similar to women's panties etc it's not as outwardly masculine as the others? with both styles of briefs my only real problem is that

• I understand wanting your underwear to actually function as underwear and not an extra pair of thin shorts. I'm always surprised guys wear them, & I wonder the reasoning behind it. Kramer on Seinfeild said he' liked his boys to be free.'

I'd rather be protected than have my underwear look hot. to some. I don't wear g-strings or thongs. totally defeats the purpose of underwear imo. I wear bikini underwear, but that's because I like them, and they are comfortable. only in black tho ;)

• Thank you toulouse. Yes underwear is supposed to function as underwear. Boxers are like clothes under your clothes, it's stupid! : / It's all because the world fashion police say to do it. Briefs are so much more comfortable. Yea I agree girls wearing g strings and thongs defeats the purpose apart from having no panty lines. Underwear shoved up your butt couldn't be too comfortable. oh and I only wear black briefs too ;) NOT those revolting tighty whiteys LOL

• Well I would prefer if the girl was wearing sexy lingerie

• Yea I figured but does it make or break how turned on you get by someone? It's okay if it does I'm just curious

• I would be more turned on, even by the fact she just cares enough to wear it.

What Girls Said 1

• I think guys don't care about the cut so much (ie thong, boyshort) but they do like things with some lace on them or that are made out of satin. But I don't think you will get to being almost nude and then he says, oh I don't like your panties so I'm not going to f*** you now.

• Haha I would hope not

• We have cut preferences. It's not very often I like thongs over boy shorts. It takes a certain ass and body shape for a thong to look good. Or maybe that's just me. I don't care what they're made out of.