Who do you look up to? Who inspires you?

Who do you look up to? Who inspires you? What is it about them?

Most Helpful Guy

• My mom for a lot of reasons most are personal but I will say that the fact that she has done an amazing job raising me by herself

What Guys Said 5

• May not be the first role models people think of, but rappers like Nas, Jay Z and Kanye West as they all started notvery well off involved with drugs and crime(except Kanye) used there experience and put in their raps and made loads of money which they have a sh*tload of money, awards, mansions and anything they csn want

Basically I like the idea of how someone can come from the bottom of bottoms to the top of the pops

• She does. I look up to her a lot cause she chose to get to know me when others hadn't. The others would be my four good friends, and their marriages. They inspire me to believe in love and the idea of being with someone forever.

• To be honest, no one really inspires me. Well I do think some people are amazing, in fact everyone in their own way. I just do what I do for myself and others though, not really because of anyone else as a deciding factor.

• My Mentor and my Father. My Mentor showed me everything and my Father did it all before me.

• My parents.

What Girls Said 5

• My Music and Gender tutor- She's one of the few women professors in the department, and she helped to open my eyes about how female musicians are still constantly being pushed to the sidelines. She also has a great sense of humour, and doesn't wear makeup like me :) I wish I was outgoing enough to get to know her better because I think we have similar views on almost everything, especially feminist issues. I don't have any feminist friends :(

My ex- Modernist Literature Tutor- He was great, in our final seminar last year he took the class for drinks. He made so many things interesting, and got me thinking so hard about various literary issues. Another good sense of humour (always helps in a teacher I find). He had a baby with his wife when I was in my first year, then got divorced in my second year, which intrigued me somehow. I wanted to get to know him too.

My Music teacher at school- really got me into songwriting by heavily praising almost everything I wrote, which really built my confidence (it was never empty praise either). More of a friend than a teacher. Provided free tea for A-Level students. Busiest person I've ever known, he was constantly organising shows, rehearsing with Jazz Band (which was great) or helping students with their work, so he was usually quite hard to get hold of! Along with that he's a good husband and father.

Weird that they're all teachers!

• my mom, my fiancee, Bessie Stringfield, Inge Stol, Steve McQueen... all good people that continue to tell me in some way to keep reaching for the stars! :D Cheesy huh..

• God and my Mom. I have great faith in God, and He has guided me a lot in my journey of life. I feel like He has helped me during difficult times, when I couldn't make a good decision on something, when I was weak and needed strength and shape me into the person I am today.

My Mom is one of those women who I feel like was meant to be a mother. She is the most loving, supportive, fun, intelligent and strong willed person I ever met. She has never judged me. She has been my rock and source of support. She has worked her ass off so I could go to college and make something of myself. She always has treated me well and made me feel loved.

She truly is my best friend and what she says or thinks impacts me greatly. I would never want to disappoint her or let her down. I only want her to be proud of me. I know I am lucky to have her as my Mother.

• My good friend, who loves her body immensely despite all of the people who may think she's unattractive. She's pretty smart when it comes to self-love, and it's inspiring to me.

Other than her, I mostly look up to myself because let's face it, I rock.

• I inspire myself.