What to wear when going fishing?

So I'm going fishing with a guy friend. We'll be on his boat, out on the river. I planned on just wearing a t-shirt and jean shorts with flip flops. It seems appropriate. I'm not sure if flip flops are OK though. I don't see why not but what do you think is legit for a female to wear?

Most Helpful Girl

• I fish a lot and enjoy the outdoors but I would never wear shorts or flip flops. With hooks, dirt, rocks, fish with teeth, and other nasties, I would want to expose as little skin as possible. I consider flip flops a hazard almost anywhere except on the beach.

What Guys Said 2

• lol don't wear open toed shoes fool. get yourself a cowboy hat or something so it protects you from the ultra-violet sun rays.

• I usually wear a beer helmet, shorts and a t shirt

• I bet it looks funny in public lol

• Ya mothers usually clutch their children close. I am very animated too and love to yell at fish when I catch them.

What Girls Said 3

• Flip flops in wet areas become slippery so they are not too good. I like to go fishing and on the boat I will wear a bikini underneath and then shorts or sarong and top that covers my shoulders as they can get burnt.

• Ditch the flip-flops and wear sneakers :)

• wear pants. there are all sorts of bugs that bite.