Do men really prefer a plain looking woman over a really hot one?

i always see guys saying "oh most really hot girls are bitches and most plain ones are so nice" "its what's on the inside that counts" hot chicks are materialistic" "plain women know how to please their man" it goes on and on. guys, would you REALLY prefer a plain looking girl with a heart of gold over a really hot looking woman with a heart of gold? be honest! <3

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, if their personalities were the same, the really hot woman.

What Guys Said 4

• Some people might say my girlfriend is kind of plain, but I don't think there's anything plain about her lol. There's simply something about her that I can't ignore, and there's something about her, physically, that makes me freeze when I look at her sometimes, somehow she'll look differently than I remember, like I'll see some hidden potential for her to be the prettiest girl in the world, but I wouldn't change a thing. I've fallen for her for who she is, and her great body and pretty face are just bonus'. She doesn't have much experience in that department, and is waiting for marriage to do that, but that's fine by me, her company is more important to me than doing those things. I enjoy them, and she's awesome don't get me wrong (not that I'm incredibly experienced, mind you, but lack of effort can be MUCH worse than lack of ability!), but there's something insanely attractive about her that others may not see. Is it love at first sight? I don't know, but if I ever had to make a case for that, I may be able to now lol... Now hopefully she doesn't read this... She doesn't need to know, well, yet, anyway :P

• Hot and plain are in the eyes of the beholder. What is hot to me is perhaps plain to another and vice versa. Personally I don't like girls that wear lots of makeup, those girls to many are considered hot, but not to me. I like a good wholesome girl next door looking girl.

• so you would turn down a model type who you really connect with for a girl who looks like the girl next door?

• The connection is more important than looks so no I would not turn her down.

• sad but kinda true. I wouldn't prefer a 'plain' one obviously but someone whos got a good sense of style and takes pride in the way they look eventhough they may not be naturally a total beauty

• I love all kinds of chicks, even fat ones.

What Girls Said 1

• guys just say that because of sour grapes. they hate on hot girls because they have been rejected by them in the past or know they can't keep up with them. all men want hot women. when they fantasize about their dream woman she's usually hot, I doubt they dream about being with 5s and 6s. that's just human nature. but a lot of plain women don't have the best self esteem and becoming more giving and accept a lot of crap because they know they can't rely on their beauty to keep a man so that's why guys appreciate them. its really just to placate plain women and make them feel better about themselves