What do you think of gyaru style? Guys and girls...

Do you think it's cute, over the top, weird? All opinions and concrit appreciated :)

Right now I'm dabbling in gyaru fashion because I think it's super cute. I especially like the eye makeup because it makes my eyes look so big and pretty. I don't go overboard on false lashes though. Just 1/4 or half strip only on the top.

Here's some links if you don't want to google it ;)

link

link

link

Some is over the top though, I would never do circle lenses or fake bake my skin. Those would just look really bad on me.

Thanks so much for any answers!

• Cool fashion/ pretty
  • Weird/ just no to that fashion

Most Helpful Girl

• Love it.

I have three gyaru gals. Himegyaru, bgyaru, and onee gyaru

What Guys Said 4

• Thats really cool, its its own unique uniform. I like styles like that, that can be adopted by anyone, and they fit into this ideal, but it doesn't necessarily detract from their individuality. I've never seen anyone look like that irl, I'd love to, though.

• My favorite is the second girl, she looks like a doll, hahaa.

• You can never take anything too far, haha. I dunno, they look okay, I don't think they make sense alone. I'd need to see them in application to know, buut, I know that type of hat, and yeah, its cute. =]

• Awesome. Thanks!

• I love it. Go for it, you'll look great.

• The first pic was cute, the other two were.. eh...

• whats with the large eyes on the third girl?

• Those are circle lenses, I don't do those. Too scared of the risks. I chose the pic for her awesome hair. Do you like her eyes like that? Just curious

• i just wish my crush would do the same. ha!. I mean she's done it before, I want her to do it again though, I'm greedy like that lol

• Lol that's funny. But it gets easier to ask each time even if there are a few rejections mixed in also. Just in my experience. I remember how awk I was asking a guy out the first time, funny to think of that! *-* Good luck with the girl!

What Girls Said 6

• i like it.

• the first pic was great,but the rest...asians really aren't meant to have blond hair,it looks fake and over the top

• I don't really like it, but that doesn't mean you can't. Everyone rocks a different style.

• gyaru as in the links is really cute .. never go over the top though

• It's extremely creepy.

• When overdone it can look a little creepy like this link but I do it more like girl 1 and without circle lenses

• I use no eye-makeup myself (there's a pic in my reality check) because I don't think it suits my face. I don't know how it would look on you, but the eye make-up in itself seems pretty regular heavy make-up, so not especially creepy. I didn't realize the girl in the first pic had lenses too, but yeah, I guess the creepy is just in the lenses.

• I'm pretty sure girl 1 doesn't use lenses but I don't like lense in general because they are often too obvious. But the eye makeup suits me as long as I don't go overboard with it :)

• Circle lens aren't that scary. I've been wearing them for about two years already. The diameter of my lens aren't as large as the ones in the pictures you've posted though. It looks natural enough if you choose a color that is close to your natural eye color. And once you've tried circle lens you wouldn't want to switch back to the normal kind anymore

• Yeah some people do too Big of a diameter and it looks weird. some do look really pretty but I don't think I could pull them off. I love false eyelashes though! But I've never even had regular contacts before so it would be a lot of maintenance. Just curious what style do you follow?

• I don't follow any particular style. Where I am, it's really too hot and humid to do that. The closest for me would probably be taiwanese streetwear.

If I oversleep, I don't bother with makeup, just foundation + circle lens + black fames with the glasses removed ala the taiwanese again.