Does hair dye slow your hair from growing?

Does anyone know someone who has beautiful long hair, and dies it? I hear so many people complaining that their hair grows very slowly ever since they started dying it, when it used to grow fast. What is your opinion on the topic?

Most Helpful Guy

• no silly

it does slow you from growing though

but if your hair looks good then who cares..because if your short more people will see it right?

Boo Yaa

• no point in going anonymous when you used 'boo yaa' on one of your un-anonymous responses :p

• Oh, I have no idea

I can guess and say

Yes It Does

Maybe look at "famous" people who do it often, they do not seem to get back the length or volume that they once had...just an observation

• I love having long hair, I am thinking of putting a semi permanent dye in it. I just don't want it to stop growing after.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I color my hair and I personally haven't noticed a difference in growth. I take extra steps to keep my hair moisturized and whatnot, so that might have something to do with it.

• no, it doesn't slow the growth of your hair. you can ask the hair dresser if you want. I used to dye my hair all the time & it was long past my boobs. there would be a warning on the coloring box; it's a myth, not fact.