Is there a difference between someone who is HOT and someone who is GOOD LOOKING??

I am a guy so I am mostly interested in girl's opinions; but guys who wanna answer for the opposite gender are most certainly welcome to :)

Most Helpful Girl

• So, I'm a girl and we usually use hot when we're really into a guy. We use "Good looking" when he could look better but we still have feelings for him (mostly because of their personality).

What Girls Said 2

• I would say hot is someone that someone would fantasize about, and someone that is good looking is someone who is beautiful or handsome, someone you would settle with. I guess..

• to me if you're good looking you're hot and if you're hot you'er good looking

What Guys Said 1

• For me, "hot" is someone who "most people would assume they are attractive but I personally do not find them appealing". You know, the general type of appearance that everyone always drools about because they're just so stunning. Yeaaah... well I usually don't like that. xD

"Good looking" is someone who I actually find pretty or... specifically, good looking, duh. :P Someone who looks good and is nice to look at.

I think that's just me, anyways. Most people go head over heels for "hot" people, though I never actually understood why.