Best skin products for clear skin?

Basically I don't have clear skin but I want it so bad! So what skin products are best? What do you use? Does it work? What's your routine? Proactiv? Skin Id? etc etc etc

Most Helpful Girl

• I had pretty bad acne when I was like 14.. my mom got me some proactiv and it worked for me in no time. Different stuff works differently on some people though. It worked great for me, but the chemicals were a little harsh on my face.. like it'd burn a bit and leave my face really red right after washing it.

I get the occasional zit now, and I just wast with an apricot scrub and use a mint masque that's designed to dry out zits and it leave my skin silky smooth.

It's basically trial and error til you find what works for you and your skin.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• I would try Skin ID, I've heard some good things about it. Also, Witch Hazel is a great cleanser and heals my zits faster than most regular cleansers, that and it's all natural!

• My skin regimen:

1. I use the Clean & Clear Advantage Kit (the cheapest one... the one without the retinol cream) as my main face stuff. It comes with a cleanser, lotion, & spot treatment.

2. I also use a daily exfoliating scrub like St. Ives Apricot or a Clearasil scrub mainly for my nose because it gets really dry, flaky, & peely. Sometimes I also use it on my whole face to make it smooth.

3. I also use Neutrogena moisturizers (in the white bottle) if I need an extra moisturizer besides the Clean & Clear.

4. I also try to use satin pillow cases instead of cotton because cotton tends to hold in oil & it just gets right back on your face if you don't wash it every day or two. With satin pillow cases, you don't have to wash them as much.

5. Depending on how dirty or oily your hair can get, you need to wash your hair regularly, especially if you have dandruff like me. If your hair is really dirty it can affect your face.

Hope this helped. :]

• I know nothing about skin ID, but you could try Proactiv. It actually does work for some people, but for others it actually makes it worse. Proactiv actually contains some really harsh chemicals, including bleach. If you get it on your clothes, it will ruin them with bleach spots. I used to and it gave me a horrible rash and irritated my skin badly. However, my brother and other people I know have used it and it worked. But I also know other people who had an experience similar to mine.

• Most people I know haven't had much success with Proactiv. It actually made my breakouts worse! I heard that Skin Id is pretty good. I would say the best of them all would be any topical products made by Clinque. Even some of their makeup can help with skin that is prone to break outs.

• proactive worked for me, but you can find the same (or better) products with the same ingredients at walmart, target, etc. for cheaper.

1. wash with a face/body wash with *salicylic acid* in it. ( I use neutrogena grapefruit wash )

2. wash with a face/body wash with *benzoyl peroxide* in it (make sure you use this AFTER the salicylic acid wash) there are different strengths of benzoyl peroxide. I use 10% but many say it burns...idk, not for me.

3. I use a lotion with salicylic acid in it, and a spot treatment with benzoyl peroxide for specific spots. my foundation has salicylic acid too. (not all of these are necessary though).