If a girl wears a ring (not married, not engaged) does that mean she's taken?

Let's say the ring is not very fancy, it's silver and it's practically a band (not really a ring) that she wears on her right hand (middle or index finger). Does that mean she has someone?

do girls normally wear rings for fashion?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wear a ring on what would be my wedding finger, but on my right hand. I just do it because I like my ring. It was given to me for my 16th Birthday. I wear it for fashion, Rings are just for fashion, unless it is actually on the wedding finger. Not only engaged/involved people wear rings.

What Girls Said 37

• Doesn't necessarily mean that. A lot of girls wear rings just because. Or maybe because it's a piece of jewelry handed down to her through her family. Rings are nice accessories, and we like to wear them

• I have a ring I wear on my left hand. I call it my "keep away" ring. Random guys think I am married and move along, though for some it makes it more of a challenge lol.

• It could be from a boyfriend, a purity ring, or just because she likes rings. I think the last potion is most likely. I typically wear two rings, just because I like them. You could always ask, it could be a good conversation starter.

• I wear a simple ring like that when I go out to bars and clubs. It keeps men away and they don't try to hit on me. Well, let me rephrase that...most men don't once they see the ring. Sometimes I do wear rings for fashion purposes, but I hardly ever do that now.

• Fashion or Promise Ring, meaning no sex till marriage. Girls wear rings for fashion all the time it isn't a big deal. If she is taken well that's her call whether to tell you or not.

Hope it helps.

Signed,

Livy-Luv

• Lots and lots of girls wear rings for fashion. I do. The only thing that could possibly signify that's she's taken (other than an engagement ring obviously) is Claddagh ring. If you aren't sure what it is, google it. But if she has one and wears it with the heart pointing towards her, it's supposed to mean she's taken.

• It could mean that, it could be a purity ring, or it could just be for fashion. Also sometimes at college even when I wasn't taken I liked to wear one because I was hoping guys might think I was married and leave me alone lol

• It could be for fashion. Or it could be a promise ring. A promise to someone else, or to herself.

• Ummmmmm??? Nearly every girl wears rings at one point for fashion! Even if it isn't fancy it could be significant for her... Say it's her grandmas ring or something and she is wearing it to remind her of her? If it's on any other finger (so not the wedding finger) there is nothing to worry about :)

• I wear rings for fashion. But never on my left ring finger because that is only for my special person.

• Definitely not! Just look for the wedding finger. I wear rings all the time - little silver ones, pretty ones etc for fashion :)

• i wore mine as a promise ring on my right index finger then would move it over to the left later

• It's bad luck to wear a ring on your left index finger. I mean, I don't believe in that stuff per se, but I try not to do that anyway. Any other finger, I have no idea.

• I think so, she may of slipped it on the finger to give a sign, I sometimes accidentally put rings on the wrong finger

• No it doesn't mean anything at all. Women wear rings all the time just as simple accessories. I do too. My mother bought me one 8 years ago and it's gold and I wear it all the time.

• Maybe she's wearing it for celibacy

• it's a promise ring saying she doesn't want to have sex until she's married

• Yes but she could be taken too

• Not necessarily, we do like jewelry and fashion haha

• Fashion.

• Mine is from my sister. She has cancer. She wears hers and I wear mine.

• Yeah a lot of girls wear a lot of fashion rings.

• Yes lol

• Probably fashion especially if it's right hand

• It could be a promise ring, but engagement and wedding rings go on your left hand. Hers is probably a ring she just really likes to wear for fashion.

• Not necessarily, it could be for herself or you could be honest and go out and ask her

• It depends. It could be a promise ring depending on what it's like. In your case scenario, no I don't think it's an indication that shows she is dating someone.

• I wear 3 rings every day and I'm not taken. One is from my dad and one is from my mom and another is a part of a my moms wedding ring. So to answer your question, no it doesn't mean she is taken

• Yes. Of course.

• Could be a purity ring. Or just a family air loom.

• More from Girls
    7

What Guys Said 3

• My friend does this to keep guys from asking her out.

• It does not necessarily means she is taking. And if she is, it always has a solution ;-)

• no it doesn't because if rings aren't on the left middle finger then she's not engaged or married, BUT she still might be with somebody though.