What should I wear to leave a lasting impression?

So all semester I've had this big crush on my T.A. (I know its silly and childish, but a girl can dream). I dress well pretty much everyday (I'm not a tshirt and sweatpants kind of girl), but I wanna wear something extra cute tomorrow since its our lt class...haha don't judge me :)

Anyway, I've thought of two options so far:

I would describe the first one as feminine/rockabilly. It would be a short, strapless, teal floral dress, belted at the waist with a brown belt, a leather jacket on top, leather sandels, and yellow sunglasses (or aviators)

my second idea is more preppy/casual. I would wear a short light blue and white striped skirt, with a simple white shirt, and a gray cardigan. I would probably wear brown boots with it.

Do either of these sound good or are they horrible? Do you have any other ideas? if not for outfits, than for a certain kind of style/or something that you think is cute?

Oh! and if it helps at all, he is 7yrs older than me (late 20s), is sort of a intellectual peacenik type, and wears tshirts and old jeans like everyday...

thanks for your help and opinions! :D

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Stick to what highlights your natural beauty (which you have plenty of!) and conveys something about your personality at the same time. Eg. I'm pretty curveless so my 'style' is basically that of a seductive tomboy -long, wavy hair strappy camisoles and low rise jeans.

Judging from your profile picture alone, I can easily see you in both combinations. The first one sounds like it is more likely to make an impression but that would depend entirely on how comfortable you are wearing it! Good luck

What Guys Said 2

• If you wish to leave a lasting impression, dress merely in a red hat. Anything more is just too "busy".

• arent there like rules against this?

• hahaaha. well, I haven't looked into it because its just a crush...but it gives me a reason to dress up and go to class :]

• u should ALWAYS have a reason to dress up, not just for one guy, remember its just ONE guy, there are plenty more out there

What Girls Said 2

• I like the 2nd one. The first one may look like you're trying too hard because there'll be people in your class rolling out of bed to go to class in sweats. Just too much out of balance. Save number one for a date with the TA ;) good luck!

• i like the second one better...sounds nice and casual (just like your TA) lol :p