Will my hair fall out from a perm if? girls only

Hi there! I just had my hair permed ( loose beachy wave look) which is really pretty. I'm getting it coloured tomorrow evening. My hair stylist said only to use semi-permanent or a demi colour on my hair or else it could harm my hair since I had the perm only a few days before. she said if I tried to straighten it next week my hair could fall out etc etc. Do you think this is true? Last year I had a perm and a colour all in the same day AND I straightened it for a wedding only days after and NOTHING happened. Have you had a similar situation? I'd like to know that I CAN straighten it by next weekend...thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• If you've done it before and it's worked out it should work again. I'm sticking with Tyrone on this one. Clearly she's wrong because you've got it permed, dyed and then straightened all with in the same few days. You've proved she's wrong.

But my question- Why would you get a perm if you want it straight anyway? I don't mean this as an insulting question I'm honestly curious. I know girls who get perms and then every other day they straighten it. Wouldn't it be cheaper to just curl it when you want it curled?

• I perm it for the summer time, I do a lot of stuff outdoors andalot of time spent in the water, so its nice to not have to fuss with your hair. I straighten it every now and then when I go out. That's why. And thanks for your input.

What Guys Said 2

• Technically I'm a qualified hairdresser, And I know for a fact that your stylist is wrong. The rules and regulations state you should wait two and a quarter days to straighten your hair after perming it and just three hours for colouring. I know you said girls only but I thought I'd give my opinion.

• Girls only... because male hair-dressers don't exist?!?!?!

What Girls Said 4

• i am a licensed hairdresser. perms and colouring your hair is damaging but if your hair is at risk of falling out you will know. it will be very elasticy and almost soggy when its when and feel like straw when its dry. I am wondering if your stylist though you were talking about chemically straightening your hair because you would be at high risk if you did that

• Your hair stylist did go to school for this, id listen to her. I know that it is verrrry damaging to perm and color your hair, so she is right there, I'm not sure about the straightening part though...but personally I wouldn't risk it

• she's right! don't chance it because you don't want to over process your hair. plus, it will get really dried out. it took me years to grow my hair back from over bleaching and I had the best hair dresser in beverly hills.

• I've had my hair bleached and dyed about every other month for a year and not once was it dried or dead or gross looking. Apparently a new stylist in a suburb of Massachusetts is better than the best in Beverly Hills.

• i think it depends on how thick and dark your hair is compared to mine. I have really think dark hair which takes a longer time to process :) I do think bev hills is over rated

• perms and coloring your hair is damaging. It's better to ask an hair expert first.