What do I bring camping?

Okay so I'm going on a camping trip and I have created a list. I know I'm missing tons of stuff so guys, help me out! So far I have a packed a flashlight, rain gear, tent, sleeping bag (etc), cambelbak, trashbags, lighter, bug spray, camera and pain reliever. What else? Please help me!

I will be camping near fresh water...it'll be about 60 degrees outside during the day...50 at night. It's overnight.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on where you are camping...Is it near a source of fresh water? Climate? In a campground? How far away from a town or highway will you be? Things like that determine what you should and shouldn't bring, besides the obvious things of course.

• What are the obvious things though?

• thanks :-) you should accompany bear grylss

• Naw, I could top him haha

What Guys Said 4

• When you get to your campsite you'll need to find a smooth stone to wipe your bum with after you poop. I don't even bring any of that other stuff you mention. Once I get into the woods I just start poopin and workin the smooth stone.

• Extra cloths but not too much, sweater or good jacket (may get cold at night). Fork, spoon, pocket knife. A hat that'll keep the sun off your face. Sunblock. Toothbrush. I'm guessing there will be communal cooking gear, cooler, first aid kit etc. A good pair of hiking shoes. Extra means of creating fire. This is all assuming it's a drive up campsite. Folding chair. A good book or two.

If you're hiking to your campsite... as little as possible. You'll want to keep it light.

• If it's just for a day... you don't really need anything. Heck at those temps I'd sleep on the ground.

• I always wondered if homeless people hate people who camp for fun.

• First Aid

What Girls Said 3

• sometimes it's hard to use lighters cos of the winds, and rain and stuff.. so if your building a fire, you might wanna bring those magnesium sticks like these ones: link

or you could use waterproof matches.

- hair elastics (girls with long hair sometimes want to tie their hair back :P)

- food (trail mix and granola bars are very good especially for outings and stuff)

- WATER bottle (since your camping near fresh water u'd want a usable bottle)

- toilet paper

- a knife (just incase for danger and stuff)

- compass/GPS (if needed)

- hat

- boots

- poison ivy creams

- first aid kit (A MUST!)

- pads/ tampons!

- mirror

- magnify glass (useful for starting fires but not needed if you already have a sufficient fire starter)

- socks

- underwear

- toothbrush and tooth paste

- bathing suit (just incase your going for a swim)

- rain poncho

- ziploc bags are very useful for holding electronics incase of rain

- axe/hammer

• first aid kit, scissors, knife, are you hunting/fishing? or bringing food?

• most important things -- enough warm clothes and don't forget sunblock!