What exactly is sex appeal?

I have been told I have no sex appeal. I am as much of a tomboy as they come and is straight as an arrow. Please don't laugh but I seriously don't understand what it is HELP ME!

Most Helpful Guy

• Sex appeal is simply attributes and characteristics of your appearance, your movements, and your personality that are sexually attractive (to men, primarily).

Clothing and makeup should be pretty easy to figure out. If you tend to wear unisex clothes rather than "girl" clothes, and if you wore no makeup and didn't really do anything to your hair, many people would say that it wasn't sexy.

Sexy women move with sexiness and grace. They often walk as models do, with one foot in front of the other, which causes your hips to sway back and forth when you walk. And their gestures are slower and more feminine.

As far as personality, sexy women tend to enjoy being women, and are confident in their feminine aspects.

You're saying you're a Tomboy and more-or-less non-sexual, so it shouldn't be any surprise that people say that you lack sex appeal. That's something you can change if you want to, but it will probably take some work and practice for you.

What Guys Said 2

• When I think of a girl as sexually appealing it's because she puts the thought of sex into my mind. Clothes that emphasize the most feminine parts of the body are helpful. I'm not saying you should wear super low cut blouses all the time. Often it's just that hint of sexuality that gets me excited. I start imagining what the rest looks like. And it follows then that I've seen women wearing really, really revealing clothing where I can practically see everything but the nipple, or most of her butt when she sits down/stands up, and that's a turn off. Makes me think she's not very classy. It varies for different guys though so I'm sure other people would disagree.

• Reminds me of Tig Notaro (a comedian).

There's a special kind of sex appeal in having zero sex appeal.

What Girls Said 2

• If you're sexy

• if you're not comfortable with your femininity/womanhood then you're probably not sexy.