When you say a girl is cute, what does it mean?

I've mostly received compliments from guys (and girls) saying I'm cute, and a few times that I'm pretty, but never hot or beautiful or anything like that.

I think cute just means a girl is above average, but guys don't find her attractive, is that true? when do guys use the word cute. How do they generally feel about the girls they call "cute"?

Most Helpful Guy

• I love this question. In terms of attractiveness terms like beautiful, cute and hot all have different meanings. Cute tends to be more of an innocent beauty, which is in and of itself attractive. Hot and sexy are synonyms for raw sexual attractiveness. A cute girl you want to bring home to your family a hot girl you want to take to bed. Beautiful is neither innocent nor sexual, portions are pleasing to the eye, beauty is the highest of the compliments, as it can not be made it simply is. All of these terms can be used on girls above the average attractiveness of the population.

What Guys Said 3

• Cute definitely means the guy finds you attractive. I use the word really as another way to mean attractive but it applies girls more my own age. By that I mean I'm more likely to refer to the model on TV as being "hot" and the girl in my class as being "cute". It seems weird to call a girl 5 or 10 years older than you "cute".

• cute and beautiful are more likely used to characterize the Face and -maybe the body

Hot & sexy are used to describe... well the sexiness

i think you're pretty but you should change your clothing/hair style.. to a more sexy one..

Don't go with slutty clothing just put some more spice ;)

• I usually use the term cute when I think a girl is physically attractive, and has a great personality that I like. When I use the term hot/sexy I think the only thing that the person has going for them is their looks. Cute>Hot to me .

What Girls Said 1

• it mostly means he thinks your pretty, guys don't want to walk up to you and say your hot or sexy because theyre to shy for that, and people won't tell you that a guy said you're hot if that guy wants a serious chance with you. and girls say girls are cute and adorable all the time. its a huge compliment(: trust me you don't want to be hot or sexy(: