Do all guys care about looks and like how much they weigh.?

The only guy I ever liked was my best friend. We used to hook up and he knew I liked him. But he ended up dating my ex-best friend. SHe weighs like 110 pounds and they have been together for over a year now. He has said to me the only reason we never dated was because of my weight. I am in college now and really don't talk to him but, are all guys like that.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, all guys are not like that. But most insecure guys are.

When I was in junior high school, there was a girl that I thought was really cute. I had a pretty significant crush on her, but I was mortified that people would laugh at me if I began dating her (yeah, like 14 year olds can really date) because she was overweight. In truth, I was pretty insecure about myself.

You see, I was also overweight, and this led to my being ridiculed by a lot of people as I was growing up (the late grade school and junior high years were the worst). I was the type of person that, by the time I was 14, tried not to draw any undue negative attention to myself, and I knew that people would rail on me for dating an overweight girl, so I opted not to ask her out.

Now, happy ending . . . we did end up dating later when we were in high school, and we dated for about 5 years before realizing we weren't meant to be together. By that time, I had long overcome my insecurity about myself, and I even told her one night about why I never asked her out in the first place (turns out she had a crush on me back in junior high as well).

If you used to "hook up" with this guy -- I'm assuming that means you were sexually active with him -- and he still didn't date you because of your weight, then I would have to say that he DEFINITELY had a self-esteem issue, and probably didn't want anyone ridiculing him for dating someone that he thought was overweight. It's probably a good thing that you didn't end up dating him after all. I'm sorry he put you through this, and I hope that your friendship can survive something like this. But if it can't, you're probably better off without him in your life.

• Yeah.. he always kept it a secret..

What Guys Said 3

• No. But sounds to me like he's being honest. But that honesty can be hard to analyze. 1st: It could be a pure physical thing. 2nd: It could be because of the stigma that overweight girls TEND to have very low self-esteem which is a HUGE turnoff for guys.

• no not all guys like that even if you have some weight he shouldn't say that and hurt you're feelings if he was a man ,hes rude even if it was truth .

• I feel like I already answered this exact question

What Girls Said 1

• How heavy ARE you? Are you just a little curvy? What it comes down to is, yes, looks matter. But not in the way you may think. Some guys are not interested in me because I'm very skinny. They think I'm anorexic or something, and they'd prefer to be with what they call a "real" woman (but I'm just as much a woman as anyone else, and I don't diet!). Some guys will only date Asians, some guys will only date white girls, some only date black girls. Everyone has their tastes. Looks definitely matter, but that doesn't mean that heavier girls will have no luck. There are men out there (specifically black men, I've noticed, but also white men) who LOVE heavier girls. I do suggest losing weight if you are unhealthy, and if it could cause health problems, but if you've just got a little extra weight on you, there are many guys out there who could like that. This particular guy likes super skinny girls, but some guys really don't.

I for one care about looks, but in a different way. I have to like how a guy looks, but I'm not really that particular about what appeals to me. It's about the whole package. My current boyfriend is dark, and really thin and muscular, and before I met him, I liked pale guys, and I didn't care if they had a little tummy. As a matter of fact I preferred guys on the chubbier side. It's all about who the person is. My boyfriend is gorgeous as most people agree with me, but my ex was not that good-looking according to most people, but I still thought he was hot, because I liked him.