What to do about bad skin and oily hair?

I have naturally oily hair, I've tried the natural 'cures' (lemon juice, organic shampoo, no conditioner, etc.) but nothing has worked. I have no choice but to shower everyday, if not twice. I also have had horrible skin since I hit puberty (around 11), and I'm now almost 19 and going onto my Sophomore year of college. I've tried everything from Proactive to generic, I've seen a dermatologist, but what she gave me did not work. Unfortunately cannot afford to go back again. Anything that got rid of the pimples, dried out my skin so bad that it started to crack and bleed. Anyone with similar problems, that has found something that works? I'm willing to try anything.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have never been able to get rid of oily hair. I just shower daily and change my pillow case often. When I cut it short it doesn't get as oily (prob not an option for you)

Bad skin... sometime in college your skin should start to settle down. At 19 you're still gonna have to deal with it. Try to eat good and treat your skin well in the mean time. There may be something you're eating that sets it off. Whenever I take antibiotics I breakout, even at this age. Just hang in there and it should get easier as you get older.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I'm dealing with the same bad skin, and this is what I use: link It's the only thing that's ever worked for me.

My hair is the opposite of yours (dry), but I went to Sephora and explained my hair woes, and they found products that work well for me. If you did the same I'm sure they could recommend some products for your specific needs.

• for the skin: Keep your skin care routine simple. Don't use like 10 products. Try keeping your hair out of your face at night with a ponytail and head band. Also, go to a store where they have people who know about skin like sephora and ask them what cleanser, toner, and moisturizer they recommend for your skin type. And for the hair the only thing I can recommend is using a dry shampoo for when your hair gets oily during the day.

• the more you wash your hair the more oily they get. so try not washing your hair for a few days if you know you're not going to go out and see people